Annual benefits enrollment opens Nov. 1
Check current benefits plan and options
The annual benefits enrollment period is a once-per-year opportunity for eligible employees to enroll in, make changes to, or opt-out of most benefit plans for the upcoming calendar year. This is the only time to make changes unless you have a qualifying life event, such as a family or employment change.
For 2022, annual enrollment runs from Monday, November 1 through Tuesday, November 30, 2021. Changes made during this period will be effective January 1, 2022.
Annual enrollment for 2022 is passive, meaning you do not have to take action unless you would like to newly enroll in benefits (provided you meet eligibility requirements), make changes to your benefits, or opt-out of benefits. The only exception is for 2022 FSA enrollment(s) which require an active election per IRS regulations. In other words, if you are not newly enrolling, making changes, opting out, or electing FSA, your 2021 benefits will automatically roll-over into 2022 and no action is required.
Importantly, employee contributions to the Anthem medical plan are NOT increasing in 2022 for most employee group/plans. (Per the AAUP contract, AAUP PPO premiums will continue to be based on a percentage of base salary).
For many of us, health care needs are even more top-of-mind than they have ever been. As we prepare for a new year and a new plan, UC Benefits encourages you to take advantage of the preventive care coverage available through all university plans. Preventive care can help you understand your current health and identify issues before they become more serious. During a pandemic, preventive care like immunizations for COVID-19 and the flu can help you protect yourself as well as those in the communities where you live and work. Many immunizations are covered at no cost to you through our health plans.
Please continue to read below for additional information on benefits offerings. Also, please ensure your address is updated in Employee Self Service (ESS) and check your home mailbox later this month for detailed annual enrollment communications.
Find out more
- Attend a Nov. 5 (10 a.m.) 2022 Benefits Presentation (This presentation will be recorded for those unable to attend.
- Sign Up for a 1:1 Session with a Benefits Specialist
- Under both the PPO and HDHP plans, preventive care continues to be covered at 100 percent when using network providers.
- Also staying the same are university contributions to employee Health Savings Accounts and to Flexible Spending Accounts. We are proud that UC continues to be generous in the contributions to Health Savings Accounts.
- The vision premium is actually decreasing and the coverage is increasing. Light Care (for non-prescription eyewear or sunglasses) is now included in the vision coverage, as well as a $50 increase in the designer frame allowance.
- Delta Dental of Ohio continues to be the University’s dental carrier.
Non-AAUP PPO plan design updates
- Pharmacy costs will be a percentage rather than a co-payment.
- The PPO individual plan annual deductible is increasing to $700, paired with an annual out-of-pocket limit of $1,900.
- The PPO family plan deductible is changing to $1,400 annually, paired with an annual out-of-pocket limit of $3,800.
- Charge for a primary care office visit remains at $30.
- Specialist-care visits remain at $50.
Non-AAUP HDHP/HSA plan design updates
- Individual plan deductible is increasing to $1,900, paired with an annual out-of-pocket limit of $3,800.
- Family plan deductible is increasing to $3,800, paired with an annual out-of-pocket limit of $7,600.
- Co-insurance percentage paid before out-of-pocket limit is met continues to be 80 percent.