UC Earns Four Top Spots on Amazing Architecture List, More than any Other School
The University of Cincinnati is once again earning architectural accolades.
UC is the only school in the nation with four architecturally elite buildings more than any other university on a list titled
The 50 Most Amazing Examples of College Architecture
just released by
Top Colleges Online
, a web site that aims to provide reliable, useful college rankings for prospective students.
This is not the first national or even international recognition earned for and by UCs amazing architecture. Previous rankings have included
- Forbes named UC among the worlds most beautiful college campuses.
- Deltas Sky Magazine named UC among the worlds top ten inspiring campuses.
In the latest rankings from Top Colleges Online, four UC buildings made the Top 50 list. These were
UCs Campus Recreation Center designed by Pritzker Prize winning architect Thom Mayne in collaboration with local firm, KZF Design, Inc. The Campus Recreation Center placed No. 11 on the list.
- UCs Engineering Research Center designed by internationally known UC alum Michael Graves in collaboration with local firm KZF Design, Inc. The Engineering Research Center placed No. 30 on the list.
UCs Joseph A Steger Student Life Center designed by Buzz Yudell, Moore Ruble Yudell Architects & Planners of Santa Monica in partnership with Glaserworks. The Steger Student Life Center placed No. 35 on the list.
- UCs Albert H. Vontz Center for Molecular Studies designed by Frank Gehry in collaboration with local firm, Baxter Hodell Donnelly Preston, Inc. The Vontz Center placed No. 38 on the list.
After UC, the campus with the highest number of buildings on the Top Colleges Onlines list was the University of Chicago with three buildings.
A handful of campuses had two buildings on the list, including Harvard University, Yale University and the University of Notre Dame.
- SEE more images of UCs campus architecture.
- See a listing of UCs campus architecture.
Fox19: UC hosts international aerospace conference on AI
June 2, 2023
UC College of Engineering and Applied Science Professor Kelly Cohen talks to Fox19 about how artificial intelligence is becoming more ubiquitous as it becomes more trustworthy. UC is hosting an international conference on artificial intelligence.
UC hosts aerospace conference on AI
May 31, 2023
Aerospace experts from across North America are coming to the University of Cincinnati this week for a conference on artificial intelligence.
UC engineer makes an impact with nanomaterials
May 31, 2023
University of Cincinnati doctoral student Vamsi Krishna Reddy Kondapalli has studied nanomaterials, specifically graphene, since he was an undergraduate student at a university in India. He chose UC for his graduate degrees due to the state-of-the-art facilities and the support for innovation. Kondapalli was named Graduate Student Engineer of the Month from UC's College of Engineering and Applied Science.