Latino Faculty Association website coming soon!
As part of the Latino Faculty Association's efforts to increase visibility of Latino faculty on campus, the LFA will include photos and bios of full-time faculty on a new association website (launching August 2017). Please fill out the form to share your information with the LFA and to be featured on the new site. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
The Latino Faculty Association provides opportunities for faculty to develop a sense of community and to provide a forum for discussion and subsequent actions related to concerns of Hispanic, Latina and Latino faculty, staff, and students. If you are interested in becoming more involved, please contact LEAF Director of Diversity Initiatives, Farrah Jacquez.
The Latino Faculty Association received a grant from the Office of Equity & Inclusion to formalize the organization on campus.
- Flavia Bastos, Professor, DAAP, Art Education
- Maria Espinola, Assistant Professor, COM, Psychiatry & Behavioral Neuroscience
- Mauricio Espinoza, Assistant Professor, A&S, Romance Languages & Literature
- Farrah Jacquez, Associate Professor, A&S, Psychology
- Michael Odio, Assistant Professor, CECH, Human Services
- Latino Faculty Association Launch Event - Wednesday, September 6, 5:30 - 7:30 pm at Taft's Ale House. Please RSVP
- Executive Perspective 2017 with Prospanica - Thursday, July 13, 6 pm - Registration required.
- FC Cincinnati vs Charleston Battery Latino Night with the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce - June 17, 5:00 PM - 7:30 PM at Nippert Stadium
- LFA Presentation on LEAF Survey Results - April 19, 12 pm - 1:30 pm in 411 Teachers College, Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- LFA meeting - March 24, 11 am -1 pm at McMicken 130, Please RSVP to email@example.com
- Rubén Martinez, Professor of Sociology and Director of the Julian Samora Research Institute at Michigan State University - March 24
- Affinity Group meeting - February 8, 11 am - 1:30 pm at 6154 Edwards I, Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Affinity Group meeting - November 3, 12-1:30 pm at 320 UP, Please RSVP to email@example.com
- Ohio Latino Student Summit - October 21
A one day summit to connect, empower, and build community while enhancing the Latino/Hispanic student leadership experience in Ohio, through workshops, motivational speakers, networking opportunities and the creation of an action plan to enhance the Latino/Hispanic student experience.
- UC Latino Faculty Mix & Mingle - October 14, 5 - 7:30 pm, Bearcat Lounge
The UC College of Medicine Office of Diversity and Inclusion cordially invites all Latino faculty to a Mix and Mingle at the UC College of Medicine. RSVP by October 7
- Hispanic Heritage Month Kick-off Celebration - September 15, 4 -7 pm, Schneider Quad
Join faculty & students for a celebration in partnership with Ethnic Programs & Services featuring a DJ, live performances, and an opportunity to learn how to dance.
- Affinity Group meeting - November 3
- Bienvenidos! A welcome-back social - September 10
Join other faculty, students and community members at this academic year kick-off.
- STEMs with Latin Roots Lecture Series (2015-16)
Six Hispanic and Latino scholars will visit campus over the course of the academic year.