Do it All Online

Stratford entrance

Permit Payment Options

Payroll Deduction for Employees

Full-time and 50 percent FTE part-time employees (non-student) may use pre-tax payroll deduction to pay for permits. The employee is responsible for paying the pro-rated amount for the first month by cash, check or credit card. Permits on payroll deduction will then automatically renew each month, so it is the employee's responsibility to contact Parking Services to cancel their parking.

Monthly Permits

Individuals not eligible for payroll deductions (e.g., students, fellows, visiting faculty, contractors, adjunct faculty below 50% FTE, etc.) must pay in advance for parking privileges. Payments can be made by cash, check or credit card. Once purchased, monthly permits may be renewed online prior to the expiration date.

Student Permits

Student permits may be purchased by semester. Semester permits will be available for sale on the following schedule:

  • November 1 - Spring Semester
  • April 1 - Summer Semester
  • May 14 - Fall Semester

The UC ID/Bearcat Card is used for parking access, and will be available within 2 hours of purchase.

ADA Accessible Parking

ADA accessible parking is available in all parking facilities. Individuals with a state-issued disability placard or license plate may park in any non-reserved ADA accessible parking stall within their assigned facility.

Students and faculty/staff with a state-issued disability placard can purchase a Zone A parking permit on a first-come, first served basis. Zone A parking is located in marked stalls along Campus Drives and at Victory Parkway.

Students with a state-issued disability placard may purchase any permit, until a facility is sold out, for the semester fee of the least expensive garage facility.  The student will need to bring the state-issued disability placard and registration to the Parking Services office in order to receive the discounted rate.

In those instances where a garage facility is sold out, or a permit is issued only under special circumstances, e.g., Zone A parking, an ADA accommodation may be requested through Accessibility Services or Human Resources.

Students should contact Michael Southern at Accessibility Services at 513-556-6823 or and faculty/staff should contact Angela Eicher at Human Resources at 513-556-6381 or to make a request. Medical documentation may be required along with the request.

A copy of the individual’s accessibility placard and placard registration may be requested by Parking Services with the purchase of parking. Current parking must be ended during the course of ADA parking. Once the ADA parking has expired, the individual may reactivate their previous parking.

Violators parking in ADA accessible stalls, in accordance with Ohio House Bill #148, are subject to a fine and possible impoundment of the vehicle in violation.

Permit Guidelines


Permit Parking Access Methods

Using a Fast Pass

Fast Pass

The UC Fast Pass makes parking entry and exit hands free! The Fast Pass works best when hanging from your vehicle's rear view mirror. The Fast Pass is available for a one-time charge of $30, and may be purchased at the Parking Services office at 4 Edwards Center. 

It may take some adjustment to the placement of the pass to ensure it works consistently in your vehicle. The Fast Pass connects to a signal from the grey boxes to the left of the gate arm or directly above the entry lane (see photos). If you experience difficulty with the reader connecting with your Fast Pass, the barcode on the back may be used temporarily. Hold the pass under the red light until the display shows the the barcode has been read as in the bottom photo. If you continue to have problems with your Fast Pass, please contact the Parking Services Office for assistance.

Fast Passes may be replaced at no cost if found to be defective within the first six months from issuance.


fast pass readers


fast pass barcode reader

Using a UC ID (Bearcat Card)

Place ID mag-stripe side against the black panel above the red laser-scanner as shown.

contact reader

Motorcycles, Motor Scooters* and Bicycles

Operators of motorcycles, bicycles, scooters and skateboards must obey all traffic regulations. Licensed motor vehicles (motorcycles, mopeds and motorized scooters*) must have a valid decal to park in designated motorcycle areas. Bicycles must be parked in the bicycle racks.

*Although the State of Ohio and the City of Cincinnati have recognized a motorist’s right to park their scooter/motorcycle on sidewalks, the University of Cincinnati has the right to further regulate university property according to ORC 4511.07. As a result, the university has chosen to prohibit scooter/motorcycle parking on sidewalks as the campus is primarily traversed by pedestrians using these sidewalks. Allowing scooters/motorcycles to park on the sidewalks would impede that access.

Operator Responsibility

It is the responsibility of bicycle operators to read and fully understand these regulations. The university assumes no responsibility for the care and protection of any bicycles at any time or location while on campus.

Parking Areas

Bicycle parking is available throughout the campus and is designated by the presence of bicycle racks. Bicycles must be parked only within the boundaries of designated parking areas and/or properly attached to a bike rack. Bicycles shall not be parked or stored in any university building, unless otherwise designated; nor shall they be attached to items not specifically intended for bicycle parking, such as trees, sign posts, stair rails or hand rails.

Operation of Bicycles

Bicycles are vehicles and must adhere to laws regulating the operation of vehicles. Applicable state laws are in effect whenever bicycles are operated on University of Cincinnati property. (O.R.C. 4511.52)

In addition, the riding of bicycles is prohibited on grass areas.

Whenever bicycles are operated in areas primarily intended for pedestrians (e.g., sidewalks or plazas) the bicycle must yield right of way to pedestrians.


All equipment required by state code for the operation of bicycles is also required on University of Cincinnati property. (O.R.C. 4511.52)


Citations may be issued for violations of bicycle regulations as described above.

motorcycle parking
Bicycle rack

Bicycle owners are encouraged to register their bicycle with the Department of Public Safety.