NEXT Innovation Scholars
Are you eager to create what’s NEXT, to shape a better tomorrow with creative and bold ideas? UC’s new NEXT Innovation Scholars program, spearheaded by President Neville G. Pinto within our Next Lives Here vision, offers tuition support, coursework, advising, mentoring, networking and active engagement in cross-disciplinary collaboration – all designed to immerse participating undergraduates in innovation, building the skills and mindset you’ll need to create the future.
The first cohort launches in Fall Semester 2021 with applications open until March 15, 2021, seeking candidates who are current first-, second- and third-year undergraduate students at UC. Future cohorts will be selected from a mix of current UC students and incoming first-year students.
To Apply: Deadline March 15, 2021
- Log onto Catalyst.
- Go to the “Scholarship Search” tile.
- In the search field, enter the phrase “NEXT Innovation Scholarship” to pull up the online application.
- Students must be degree-seeking in a Clifton/Uptown campus college for consideration.
- If you have any questions regarding this application, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Targeted to University of Cincinnati undergraduate students pursuing engagement in multi-disciplinary innovation immersion.
- Open to current first-, second- and third-year students at UC, with future cohorts selected from a mix of current UC students and incoming first-year students.
- Provides scholarship support based on demonstrated financial need, academic accomplishments, grit and perceived potential.
- Designed to pair the desired outcomes of student participants with the desired outcomes of employers along with students’ interest in changing the world, making an impact in their communities or pursuing social entrepreneurship.
- Seeks to create diverse, high-quality student-citizens and leaders.
- Launching with a cohort of approximately five students in Fall Semester 2021, the initial cohort of students selected will play a critical role in defining and shaping the future of this signature program.
- The scholarship amount varies depending on need and will promote a balance of inclusion, access and quality.
- This scholarship will combine with other UC tuition-restricted scholarships to cover the cost of University of Cincinnati in-state tuition and fees, plus up to $2000/year in educational expenses, and will be renewable for up to eight full time in-class semesters. Non-Ohio residents will be required to pay applicable Metropolitan (Metro) Rate or other non-resident tuition surcharges.
- Participation in multiple cross-disciplinary innovation immersion experiences with external partners (commercial industry, non-profits and social entrepreneurship, alumni, etc.).
- Selection and evaluation criteria that encourage and reward collaboration over individual achievement.
- Additional layers of advising and professional mentorship.
- Completion of specific cross-disciplinary innovation coursework.
- Training, networking, and active engagement with a global network of peer innovators through the University Innovation Fellows program facilitated by Stanford University.
- Holistic and inclusive perspective of innovation and its significance to a modern world.
- A mindset of cross-disciplinary curiosity and adaptability.
- Orientation toward action and creating impact.
- Collaborative; value collective impact and inclusion over individual achievement.
- Professionalism and leadership potential, both with peers and external collaborators.
- Applicants will be reviewed after the application closes on March 15, 2021.
- Finalists moving to the next round of review will be notified and invited to interview with the scholarship lead team in March/April 2021.
- Final recipients are scheduled to be selected in April 2021.
- Scholarship funding will begin for the Fall 2021 semester.