Housing & Dining
Move-in and testing details
Return to Campus testing
- Students are asked to arrange their testing with their move-in. Find more details on the testing page.
- Testing will be at the Campus Recreation Center lower-level basketball courts. Signage will be in place to provide you direction, or simply ask a campus community member or Housing team member for directions.
- Students must fill out a one-time registration form ahead of testing. You can do so now if you wish!
- Then, students must reserve an appointment time. Appointments are 5 minutes each, since testing is fast, free and easy. Reserve your appointment now!
Or, voluntarily submit proof of vaccination
- Fully vaccinated incoming or current students have the option to voluntarily submit photos (back and front) of their vaccination card.
- Once that vaccine documentation is reviewed and verified, you will be exempted from Return to Campus testing.
- You will receive a confirming email.
- You will also be enrolled to win weekly awards in varying amounts of $2,500 or $5,000 in the 'Strength in Immunity' Vaccination Drawing. In all, the university will award nearly $50,000.
- Submit your proof of vaccination today! Don’t wait! Proof of vaccination consists of snapshots of your vaccination card (front and back), and you can upload those through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Substitution option and medical or religious exemptions
As an alternative to the Return to Campus testing to be required at the time of move-in during August 2021, students who do not submit proof of vaccination will have the option to submit a current negative PCR COVID test from another provider as a substitute for your on-campus test. Any substitute COVID test from another provider would be conducted at the student’s expense, and the test and negative test result must date from within one week of your move-in time. See more details on the testing page.
You may seek a medical or religious exemption from testing. Exemptions must be approved by the UC COVID Response Team. Please do not send exemption requests or medical/religious information via email. Seek exemptions using the online form only.
- Quarantine and Isolation: Given that broad access to vaccines is available, on-campus quarantine and isolation housing is on reserve for student use but may be limited depending on events. Thus, on-campus Q&I housing cannot be guaranteed. All students should have individual plans for isolation and quarantine housing in the event they are required to do so. Let’s remember that vaccination is currently the best way to prevent the need to quarantine or isolate.
- Finally, University Housing has closed the room swap option; however, the room consolidation process is ongoing. Be sure to review your fall housing details weekly in the housing portal to see if there are any changes to your assignment, roommates, or move-in appointment.
Dining and food services
UC Food Services will focus on providing the best food and service experience possible, while adhering to health and safety protocols.