In implementing the University of Cincinnati's Return to Campus plan, these safety protocols will remain in effect until further notice.
- Before returning to campus for the first time, all employees and students must successfully complete a brief online information session administered by University Health Services to ensure awareness of CDC and ODH guidelines. Students will be able to access the tutorial via Canvas in mid-August.
- Before returning to campus for the first time, all supervisors and lab leaders must complete a health safety assessment of their workplace setting.
- Before coming to campus each day, all members of the campus community must complete a self-administered wellness check based on CDC and ODH guidelines. All employees who have symptoms that may relate to COVID-19 should contact University Health Services via the UC COVID Check app. The app is free and easy to use. It can be downloaded through the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. A web-based REDCap survey is also available as an alternative to using the app. Already, approximately 16,000 campus community members have downloaded the app.
- All members of the campus community must wear facial coverings on campus, except while eating or alone in a private space.
- All members of the campus community must adhere to social-distancing requirements.
- All areas must clean and sanitize their workplace settings throughout the day. These efforts will supplement cleaning and sanitizing activities that will occur after hours by our facilities staff.
- All members of the campus community must continue to abide by restrictions on travel.
- All employees who meet the CDC’s definition of individuals at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19 may continue to work remotely. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a request to work remotely due to being at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19. All students with questions related to COVID-19 and risk factors should contact University Health Services via COVIDHelp@uc.edu
- More information on mental health resources are available to both UC employees and students.
- More information on maintaining a safe work environment as well as wellness and support resources, is also available.