Health & Wellness
As always, the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff, patients and visitors is our top priority. We will continue to keep our community informed — and we encourage everyone to practice routine hygiene etiquette as this is the best way to prevent the spread of infection.
The common cold is one of the most frequent illnesses in the United States, and usually occurs in the winter and spring months. The common cold is caused by viruses, and is primarily transmitted from person to person from hands contaminated with nasal secretions. Most people with the Common Cold have mild illness and do not need medical care.
University Health Services
University Health Services (UHS) is an outpatient facility offering comprehensive clinical services to the student population. All students enrolled at the university are eligible to use UHS.
The board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners, counselors and professional staff at UHS provide the highest quality care.
- Our services include primary care, sexual health, mental health, dermatology, immunizations and screenings, and travel health.
- Students must make an appointment to be treated at UHS. We do not take walk-ins, so please call (513) 556-2564 to schedule an appointment in advance. Same day appointments are offered based on availability.
- We are open for in-person visits for both well and sick, as well as telehealth visits with a provider.
Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)
CAPS is open and providing services via phone as we continue to support all students in the Bearcat community during this difficult time.
Students and members of the UC community concerned about students have access to mental health crisis care and consultation 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
If you have an in-person appointment scheduled at CAPS, a member of CAPS clinical staff will contact you within the next few days to confirm that your original scheduled appointment time still works for you. During your scheduled appointment time, a CAPS therapist will call you to discuss your current needs for support.
If you'd like to connect with CAPS for the first time, call 513-556-0648 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. to schedule a time to speak with a clinician. When you call you’ll be given a couple of options to access support
- Rapid Access Consultation – If you need to talk with someone about a specific concern you can access a 30-minute single session phone consultation session focused on supporting you with what you need today.
- Crisis Services - If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, please call our office 24/7 at 513-556-0648. If you call during CAPS business hours, let the operator know that you need to speak with a therapist immediately. If you need crisis support after hours, contact our main number and select “1” to speak with a crisis counselor.
Student Wellness Center
The Student Wellness Center empowers students to make informed decisions regarding their health and wellness by providing evidence-based education, inclusive resources, and non-judgmental support. We offer an extensive collection of resources and information about various health and wellness topics. Stop by the office for free products or to talk with staff. You also may email firstname.lastname@example.org.