What is Pre-Professional Advising?
- Pre-professional describes any student who has an interest in attending professional school after their undergraduate career.
- We advise pre-health and pre-law students. See the categories to the left of this page to learn more about our specific advising disciplines.
- Pre-Professional Advisors (PPAC) collaborate with students starting in their freshman year, helping them explore their options, prepare an outstanding portfolio and then apply to professional schools.
- Whether you are in a major such as pre-pharmacy, or pursuing a career track in law or the health professions our advisors provide a critical partnership for you to manage this process.
Get Started on Working with the PPAC
- First, attend a Pre-Health Introduction Workshop or Pre-Law Introduction Workshop
- If a PPAC advisor visits your Learning Community, this will satisfy your Introduction Workshop requirement.
- Make your first 1-on-1 advising appointment
- After attending an Introduction Workshop, begin meeting with your PPAC advisor at least once per semester.
Contact us at email@example.com or 513-556-2166 to schedule your workshop or appointment!
- Informational workshops on shadowing, application processes, personal statement writing, interviewing and other important aspects
- 1-on-1 advising appointments for guidance as you Explore-Prepare-Apply
- Pre-health and Pre-Law weekly e-newsletters and listerservs to keep you connected
- Walk-In Hours for current advisees in Fall and Spring semesters
- Monday and Thursday 1-3:30 pm
- 10-15 minute meetings for quick questions with a PPAC advisor
- Cannot be used as your first appointment