What is Pre-Professional Advising?
Pre-professional is a category that describes any student who has an interest in attending professional school after their undergraduate career.
Pre-Professional Advisors collaborate with students starting in their freshman year, helping them explore their options, prepare an outstanding portfolio and then apply to professional schools.
Whether you are in a major such as pre-pharmacy, or pursuing a career track in the law or health professions (Medicine, Dental, Optometry, Veterinary, etc.) our advisors provide a critical partnership for you to manage this process.
Meet with Us! | Here's How:
1. First meeting: Attend an Introduction to Pre-Professional Advising Workshop.*Some Pre-Health Learning Communities include us in your classroom. *Current Pre-Pharmacy freshmen attend Pre-Pharmacy Mandatory Advising Workshops, fall and spring.
2. Second appointment and beyond: Meet a PPAC advisor 1-on-1 EVERY SEMESTER to plan and review your professional goals and dreams.
3. Professional schools look for academically strong and well-rounded students. PPAC advisors will teach you how to EXPLORE, PREPARE and APPLY.
Contact us at 513-556-2166 or email@example.com to schedule your workshop or appointment! Please provide the following information:
- First & last name
- Preferred appointment or workshop date and time
- M-number (student ID number)
- Phone number
- UC Email
- Pre-Professional Track (pre-med, pre-pharmacy, pre-law, etc.)
Weekly Drop-In Hours
For those students who have met 1-on-1 and now have quick questions...10-15 minutes.
- Spring 2016: Mondays & Thursdays 1 -3:30 p.m.
Not for first-time visitors -- please talk with our front desk about the Introduction to Pre-Professional Advising Workshop if this your first time working with our office.
Pre-Professional advisors serve UC students and alumni who are pursuing health profession or law schools and careers.
We are the primary advisors for Pre-Pharmacy majors and secondary advisors for all other students interested in the professional tracks of medicine, dental, law, etc.
Every person’s journey to professional school is unique and we are here to provide a wide range of support as you navigate the process and make informed decisions.
Students are encouraged to meet with our office beginning in your first year and continuing every semester throughout your undergraduate journey to professional school.