Professional and Technical Career Fair
This page has information for employers. Students and alumni should visit How to Prepare for a Career Fair.
As the global pandemic continues, all plans are subject to change. We ask for your understanding and flexibility. This page is your best source of current information about this event.
Recruit for co-ops, internships, and full-time permanent positions at one of UC’s largest recruiting events of the year. In a typical year, more than 1,700 students attend each day.
For Fall 2021, we are planning an in-person fair with three expo days, plus optional interviews on site in the late afternoon and early evening. We have done this to avoid holding career fair activities on the Jewish holy day of Yom Kippur.
We will also have a virtual day on September 9, with Handshake as the virtual career fair platform. Note that while you'll use Handshake to schedule group and 1:1 sessions, you can host your virtual sessions on Teams, WebEx, Zoom, or whatever you prefer; you don't have to use Handshake's video solution. Simply paste your meeting link right into your schedule. Learn more about getting ready for a virtual fair with Handshake's guide to virtual fairs and our virtual fairs page.
|Virtual Day: Engineering, IT, Business, Arts & Sciences
||Sept. 9||9 a.m. to 2 p.m.||on your own
|Professional Day: Business and Arts and Sciences||Sept. 13||9 a.m. to 2 p.m.||3 to 8 p.m.|
|Technical Day 1: Engineering and IT
||Sept. 14||9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
||3 to 8 p.m.|
|Technical Day 2: Engineering and IT||Sept. 15||9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
||3 to 8 p.m.|
Health and Safety Expectations
Before coming to campus, review the information for campus visitors. Key points are:
- In keeping with current guidance from the CDC, all individuals, whether fully vaccinated or not, must wear a facial covering indoors (unless you have received an exemption or accommodation; or when eating, drinking, or alone in a private room).
- Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear a facial covering when outdoors and unable to maintain social distancing.
In addition, career fair exhibitor tables will be spaced to allow attendees to maintain some distance between themselves and others if they wish.
We will hold the in-person fair in the Campus Recreation Center gymasium. On Tuesday only (Technical Day One, September 14), we will also use the Great Hall in the nearby Tangeman University Center, both on the University's west (main) campus. View a campus map.
Employers may conduct in-person interviews on site the same day or come back the next day, as you wish. You will be asked to reserve interview tables in advance. If you want to do same-day interviews and need more time to sort resumes, you may schedule interviews to start later than 3 p.m. Of course, you may also choose to conduct interviews independent of this schedule. We are just making the space available to you to use as you wish.
On-site interviews will take place in Campus Recreation Center gymnasium. (Even if you exhibit in TUC Great Hall, your interviews will take place in the Rec Center.)
We will provide blank interview schedules at Employer Check-in. Each two-part form is pre-printed with 30-minute interview slots. Some recruiters like to fill in their interview schedule(s) as the day goes on; others prefer to contact their top candidates immediately following the fair to schedule interviews. Either way, it is your responsibility to contact candidates directly to schedule interviews with them. Remind them that the interview will take place on the lower level of the Campus Recreation Center and to arrive at least 15 minutes early.
Employer registration is now closed.
For the in-person fair, employer check-in will open at 7:30 a.m. each day.
Payment is due September 3, 2021. You will receive an invoice upon approval of your career fair registration. Credit card is the preferred payment method. If you cannot pay by credit card, please contact us.
Cancellations and Refunds
Cancellations received on or before August 27, 2021, will not pay the registration fee, or, if payment has already been made, will receive a full refund. Cancellations received August 28 through September 3 will be charged 50% of the registration fee or receive a 50% refund. Cancellations received after September 3 will be charged 100% of the registration fee and will NOT receive a refund. Cancellations must be approved in writing.
Career Fair Parking
We provide free parking in the Cincinnati Zoo South Lot with shuttle service to and from campus.
- The Zoo South Lot is bounded by Vine Street, Louis Avenue, Euclid and Shields. On GPS, use the address 35 Louis Ave, Cincinnati OH 45220. Google map of Zoo South Lot
- Cars may enter from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Look for a “Career Fair Parking” sign at the entrance.
- You do not need a ticket or voucher.
- You may park in any available space. The lot has about 400 spaces.
Parking for Interviews
If you will be on campus later than 3 p.m. (e.g., to conduct interviews), do not park in the Zoo lot. Instead, park in a campus garage and pick up a parking voucher from the Employer Help Desk before you leave. We recommend Woodside or Campus Green garages. Be advised that campus garages are often full between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. You can check the status of campus garages any time using the Parking Tracker. View a campus map.
Career Fair Shuttle
Free shuttle service will be provided between the Zoo South Lot and campus from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The last shuttle each day will depart campus at 3 p.m.
For those exhibiting in the Campus Recreation Center: Shuttles will run a continuous loop between the Zoo South Lot and the Shuttle Stop near the Engineering Research Center. From there, it is a short walk to the Campus Recreation Center. If you have a mobility issue, let us know in advance so we can try to accommodate you. View a campus map.
For those exhibiting in the Tangeman University Center (TUC) (Tuesday only): Shuttles will run a continuous loop bewteen the Zoo South Lot and the Shuttle Stop at McMicken Circle. From there, it is a short walk to Tangeman University Center. If you have a mobility issue, let us know in advance so we can try to accommodate you. View a campus map.
Shuttle stops will be marked with signs.
Dropping Off Booth Materials
If you have packages or passengers to drop off before you park, you may drop them off on campus, and movers will transport items to your booth for you. View a campus map.
Directions to the drop-off point for exhibitors in the Campus Recreation Center:
- From Martin Luther King Drive, turn south on Woodside Drive.
- Proceed with caution through the vehicle checkpoint to continue south.
- Proceed slowly past the new Lindner College of Business building on your left.
- When you see a large brick building on your right, bear right and look for signs saying “Career Fair Drop-Off.”
- Follow instructions from volunteers.
- After unloading, turn around and exit the way you came in.
Directions to the drop-off point for exhibitors in Tangeman University Center:
- From Clifton Avenue, enter the McMicken Gateway at Clifton Avenue and Straight Street.
- Tell the gate guard you are dropping off materials for the career fair.
- Proceed along the roadway (McMicken Circle) and look for a sign saying “Career Fair Drop-Off.”
- Pull over and follow instructions from volunteers.
- After unloading, continue on McMicken Circle down the hill and exit on Clifton Avenue. From here, turn right onto Clifton Avenue toward the Zoo South Lot on Vine Street and Louis Avenue.
You may ship materials in advance, and your packages will be delivered to your career fair booth for you. Ship items to arrive by end of day September 9, 2021, at the address below. Enclose a return shipping label in each package. At the close of the fair, securely pack, seal, and label your packages, and we will route them to the carrier. We do not assume responsibility for mishandled or misplaced packages.
Univ Cincinnati Central Receiving
ATTN: UC Career Week
792 E. McMillan
Cincinnati, OH 45206
The following hotels are closest to campus:
- February 8-11, 2022
- September 13-16, 2022