Professional and Technical Career Fair
Recruit for co-ops, internships, and full-time permanent positions at one of UC’s largest recruiting events of the year. In a typical year, more than 1,700 students attend each day.
The next fair takes place February 9-10, 2021, and will be a virtual fair hosted in Handshake. Recruiters and job-seekers alike can participate from office or home using a desktop, laptop or tablet. No travel required!
|Professional Day: Business and Arts and Sciences||Tuesday, Feb. 9||10 a.m. to 3 p.m.||Virtual in Handshake|
|Technical Day: Engineering and IT
||Wednesday, Feb. 10
||10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
||Virtual in Handshake|
Two Days, Two Fairs
In the past, we have treated this as a single fair with two sessions (Professional and Technical). However, for the scheduling to work in a Handshake virtual fair, each session must be treated as a separate fair. Be sure you register for the correct one. (If you make a mistake, it’s easy to fix.) Employers who want to attend both the Professional Day and the Technical Day will have to register separately for each day.
Register for Professional Day, February 9 (Handshake login required)
Register for Technical Day, February 10 (Handshake login required)
If you need help, start with Handshake's How to Register for a Career Fair.
You will need a Handshake user account in order to register. If you are new to Handshake, start with Handshake's Getting Started Guide for Employers.
Last Day to Register
Employers should register by January 22 so you have a week to build out your recruiter schedules before student registration opens.
Virtual Fair in Handshake
We will host the fair using Handshake's virtual career fair solution:
- Interactions are pre-scheduled, so the day is organized, and everyone can focus
- All sessions take place via video, so you can interact face-to-face without leaving the Handshake platform (audio-only and text chat are also available)
- You can meet candidates in 30-minute group sessions, 10-minute one-on-one meetings, or some combination
- Group sessions, with up to 50 attendees (more if you use external video), are good for reaching large numbers of candidates and educating them about opportunities at your company. They can be open chat format or a short presentation with Q&A. You can share your screen, and more than one recruiter can participate.
- One-on-one meetings are good for screening candidates ahead of more in-depth interviews. You can set qualifications so that only those candidates who meet your criteria are able to sign up for these slots.
- Send as many recruiters as you want, each with their own unique schedule. If you anticipate high interest or your initial slate of appointments fills up, add more recruiters and/or add more group sessions to accommodate more candidates.
- Post your job(s) in Handshake and connect them to this fair
- Preview candidates' resumes and Handshake profiles before you meet
- Reach out to the best candidates before the event and invite them to sign up for a session
- Follow up with candidates after the event
- Efficient; no travel required
Explore Handshake's Virtual Career Fairs: 7 Ways Employers Can Stand Out or browse other advice for employers.
Open Office Hours
Virtual fairs are new for everyone, and we're here to help! UC Career Fair Manager Suzanne Schindler has open hours where you can ask any question, such as:
- How to register
- How to create schedules for recruiters
- One-on-one vs. group sessions
- How to set up 1:1s so only qualified applicants can take those slots
- Which UC fairs to attend to reach qualified candidates
- When to have your schedules ready
- Anything else you want to ask
Due to COVID, we will not host post-fair interviews on site. Please plan to set up interviews directly with your top candidates at your convenience, on your own schedule, and on the platform of your choice (e.g., telephone, WebEx, Microsoft Teams, Zoom).
Standard registration is $300 per day. A nonprofit rate of $150 per day is available to 501(c)(3) organizations.
Payment is due January 29, 2021. We ask everyone to pay by credit card to help protect the health and safety of our staff. You will receive an invoice upon approval of your career fair registration. If you cannot pay by credit card, please contact us.
Cancellations and Refunds
Cancellations received on or before January 29, 2021, will not pay the registration fee, or, if payment has already been made, will receive a full refund. Cancellations received January 30 through February 5 will be charged 50% of the registration fee or receive a 50% refund. Cancellations received after February 5 will be charged 100% of the registration fee and will NOT receive a refund. Cancellations must be approved in writing.
- September 14-17, 2021
- February 8-11, 2022