- Visit the American Dental Assocation (ADA) page to examine specialty options for dentists. The ADA also has a link to information on financing your dental education.
- The American Student Dental Association (ASDA) offers great information and membership to pre-dentistry students.
- The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) offers pre-dental students the website GoDental to give insights, inspiration, and tools they can use.
- Shadowing: It is recommended, and actually required by some schools, that you shadow/observe dental professionals. We encourage you to shadow your own primary dentist as well as additional primary dentists and dental specialists. Ask your dentist for suggestions. Also, visit the ADA site on mentoring.
- Related Careers: visit the ADA page on careers related to dentistry.
- The University of Minnesota offers the only Dental Therapy program in the United States.
- We encourage you to spend time exploring the other sections of the ADA website to familiarize yourself with current issues within the profession.