Pre-Pharmacy is a major, but it is not a degree-granting program. The pre-pharmacy curriculum consists of required prerequisites for the University of Cincinnati James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy.
The pre-pharmacy curriculum is rigorous, with additional non-academic expectations upon application to pharmacy school.
PPAC advisors work with students to ensure proper course selections and serve as a resource for academic and non-academic success to help shape students into competitive applicants for pharmacy school.
What does it mean to be a pre-pharmacy student?
- You have the desire to become a pharmacist.
- You are taking courses required by the pharmacy schools to which you hope to apply (two years or longer, depending on the school).
- You are working with the PPAC by attending workshops and advising sessions.
- You are exploring the field through employment or observation at a
pharmacy,and by investigating alternative career options.
- You are investigating admissions expectations of various colleges of pharmacy.
Currently, two (2) years undergraduate pre-pharmacy coursework is required before applying for admittance into the UC James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy. Students work on their own individual path to applying.
- Current, two-year pre-pharmacy curriculum guide
UC Clifton/Uptown West Pre-Pharmacy advisors: Doe Gavin and Veronica Joiner
- Pre-Pharmacy advisors in the PPAC serve as the primary advisors for the pre-pharmacy major on the Uptown/Clifton campus.
- Freshman Mandatory Advising: Freshmen must register for and attend a mandatory advising workshop in the fall and spring semesters.
UC Blue Ash Pre-Pharmacy advisor: Melinda Greer
UC Clermont Pre-Pharmacy advisor: Pilar Ramos-Richey, MEd