Everyone's path to pharmacy school is unique. Explore the options for achieving your goal.
Pre-Pharmacy Major (3 years undergraduate coursework)
BIS-Pharmacy (Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies-Pharmacy)
- The Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies-Pharmcay degree path is designed for students who will complete an interdisciplinary liberal arts bachelor's degree in addition to the Pharm-D degree.
- Students will complete all the pre-pharmacy and degree requirements in three years so that they will be on track to complete a BA degree at the end of the fourth year (which coincides with the first professional year in the UC College of Pharmacy).
- Students who select a major other than pre-pharmacy but still intend to apply to the UC James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy will complete the same required pre-pharmacy curriculum/prerequisites – along with their specific major & college requirements.
- Talk to your academic or PPAC advisors about undergraduate degree options while on the pre-pharmacy track.
Connections to Pharmacy: Early Assurance Program
- The Connections to Pharmacy: Early Assurance Program at the UC James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy is a guaranteed pathway to the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree for academically strong high school students who are planning to pursue a career as a pharmacist.
- High school seniors who have a minimum weighted GPA of 3.5 and a minimum ACT of 26 can apply for admission into this prestigious program.
- The Connections to Pharmacy: Early Assurance Program begins with admission and completion of Pre-Pharmacy requirements in the UC McMicken College of Arts & Sciences.