What does it mean to be a Pre-Pharmacy Student?
- You have the desire to become a pharmacist.
- You are exploring the field through employment or observation at a pharmacy, and also by investigating alternative career options.
- You are excelling in pre-requisite course required by the pharmacy schools to which you hope to apply.
- You are active in campus and community life.
- You are investigating admissions expectations of various colleges of pharmacy.
- You are working with the PPAC by attending workshops and advising sessions.
- UC Clifton: Lindsey Monnin, in McMicken College of Arts & Sciences
- Contact A&S Advising to schedule freshman mandatory advising and appointments about courses within the major with Lindsey.
- UC Blue Ash: Visit UCBA website to find Pre-Pharmacy advisors
- UC Clermont: Visit UC Clermont website to find Pre-Pharmacy advisors
- PPAC Pre-Pharmacy advisors: Doe Gavin and Veronica Joiner
- PPAC advisors serve as a resource for academic and non-academic success to help shape students into competitive applicants for pharmacy school.
- Meet with us throughout your undergraduate career to make sure you are staying on track!
- Pre-Pharmacy is a major within McMicken College of Arts & Sciences, however it is not a degree-granting program.
- View the Pre-Pharmacy curriculum guide
- The curriculum for the pre-pharmacy major at UC consists of 78 semester hours and may take approximately three (3) years to complete. These are the specfic prerequisite courses for the UC James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy.
- Students who select a major other than pre-pharmacy but still intend to apply to pharmacy college will complete the same required pre-pharmacy curriculum/prerequistes in order to apply for admission to the UC James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy.
Additional Pre-Pharmacy Pathways
Everyone's journey to applying to pharmacy college is unique.
- Bachelors degree: Talk to your academic or PPAC advisors about undergraduate degree options while on the pre-pharmacy track.
- BIS-Pharmacy (Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies-Pharmacy)
This degree path is designed for students who will complete an interdisciplinary liberal arts bachelors degree in addition to the Pharm-D degree. Students will complete all the pre-pharm requirements in three years along with making progress on degree requirements so that they will be on track to complete a BA degree at the end of the fourth year (which coincides with the first professional year in the UC College of Pharmacy).
Read more about this option on the McMicken College of Arts & Sciences website.
- Connections to Pharmacy: Early Assurance Program at UC James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy
The Connections to Pharmacy: Early Assurance Program is a guaranteed pathway to the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree for academically strong high school students who are planning to pursue a career as a pharmacist. High school seniors who have a minimum weighted GPA of 3.5 and a minimum ACT of 26 can apply for admission into this prestigious program.
The Connections to Pharmacy: Early Assurance Program begins with admission and completion of Pre-Pharmacy requirements in the UC McMicken College of Arts & Sciences. More information about this program is available on the UC College of Pharmacy's website.