Pre-Pharmacy is a major within McMicken College of Arts & Sciences, however it is not a degree-granting program (see A&S or PPAC advisors about undergraduate degree options while on the pre-pharmacy track).
The pre-pharmacy curriculum consists of required prerequisites for the University of Cincinnati James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy. The pre-pharmacy curriculum is rigorous, with additional non-academic expectations upon applying to pharmacy school.
Pre-Pharmacy Advisors at UC
UC Clifton/Uptown West
Freshman Pre-Pharmacy students: Lindsey Monnin, in McMicken College of Arts & Sciences
- *New for 2016-2017* Freshmen Pre-Pharmacy students' assigned advisor is Lindsey Monnin.
- Contact A&S Advising to schedule mandatory advising and appointments about courses within the major with Lindsey.
PPAC Pre-Pharmacy advisors: Doe Gavin and Veronica Joiner
- PPAC advisors serve as a resource for academic and non-academic success to help shape students into competitive applicants for pharmacy school.
- Meet with us throughout your undergraduate career to make sure you are staying on track!
UC Blue Ash: Visit UCBA website to find Pre-Pharmacy advisors
UC Clermont: Visit UC Clermont website to find Pre-Pharmacy advisorsWhat does it mean to be a pre-pharmacy student?
What does it mean to be a Pre-Pharmacy student?
- You have the desire to become a pharmacist.
- You are exploring the field through employment or observation at a
pharmacy,and also by investigating alternative career options.
- You are excelling in pre-requisite course required by the pharmacy schools to which you hope to apply.
- You are active in campus and community life.
- You are working with the PPAC by attending workshops and advising sessions.
- You are investigating admissions expectations of various colleges of pharmacy.
- The curriculum for the pre-pharmacy major at UC consists of 78 semester hours and may take approximately three (3) years to complete.
- View the Pre-Pharmacy curriculum guide
- Visit the UC James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy website for additional details.
- Students who select a major other than pre-pharmacy but still intend to apply to pharmacy college will complete the same required pre-pharmacy curriculum/prerequistes in order to apply for admission to the UC College of Pharmacy.
BIS-Pharmacy (Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies-Pharmacy)
This degree path is designed for students who will complete an interdisciplinary liberal arts bachelors degree in addition to the Pharm-D degree. Students will complete all the pre-pharm requirements in three years along with making progress on degree requirements so that they will be on track to complete a BA degree at the end of the fourth year (which coincides with the first professional year in the UC College of Pharmacy).
- Read more about this option on the McMicken College of Arts & Sciences website.