Academic Advising at UC
- All students achieve their goals through exploration, reflection, and engagement
- We are committed to inclusion, teaching, and lifelong learning
- We are global leaders in advising practice, scholarship, and innovation
Senior Academic Advisor and Adjunct Assistant Professor
Advised students with declared majors in the College of Arts and Sciences for five years before moving to the Center for Exploratory Studies in 2016, advising across all UC Colleges and majors.
- M.A. Community Mental Health and School Counseling, University of Cincinnati, 2004.
- F. Robert Wilson, Mei Tang, Kelly Schiller, Kerry Sebera (2009). "No Child Overlooked: Mental Health Triage in the Schools." . Michigan Journal of Counseling , 36 (1), 24-35.
Presentations & Lectures
- Kevin Ploeger and Kelly Schiller (05-29-2015). High School to College Advising:Creating a Culture of Engagement OHAAA Ohio Academic Advising Association, Miami University.
- Kevin Ploeger and Kelly Schiller (09-24-2015). High School to College Advising:Creating a Culture of Engagement University of Cincinnati Advising Conference, University of Cincinnati.
- Dr. Christopher Hanes, Daniel Cummins, Kelly Schiller (09-20-2018). Connecting to Support; Student Success and Wellness, CAPS, CARE and Advising University of Cincinnati Advising Conference, University of Cincinnati.
- Kevin Ploeger and Kelly Schiller (04-10-2015). High School to College Advising:Creating a Culture of Engagement NACAADA Regional Conference, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Matt Pickett and Kelly Schiller (09-19-2017). So, What Else Can You Do? : A Practical Approach to Discovering Your Transferable Skills University of Cincinnati Advising Conference, Cincinnati, Ohio .
Honors & Awards
- Staff Excellence in Advising Nominee McMicken College of Arts and Sciences, 2014.
- UCUAADA Member of the Month, December, 2017.
- College of Arts and Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, 2018. Best Student Reviews .
- UCUAADA Nominee Best Colleague, 2019.
- CARES Award Nominee Pride of the Lion College of Arts and Sciences, 2020.
Experience & Service
- 06-20-2016Liaison to College of Education, Criminal Justice and Human Services, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio .
- Conference. 6th Annual Advising Conference Committee (2017, University of Cincinnati.
- University Coordinator, McMicken Ambassadors 2012 to 2016
- Committee Member, ELSA Emerging Leaders in Student Affairs 2014-2017
- Committee Member, Cultural Competence Workshop Series , 2015 to 2016
- Safe Zone Trained Ally,
- Conference Organizer, University of Cincinnati Advising Conference Committee, 2017
- Committee Member, University of Cincinnati Orientation Planning Committee, 2017
- Committee Member, Orientation Planning Committee, 01-15-2018 to 08-15-2018
- Faculty Sponsor, DAAP Design in Mind Faculty Advisor 2018 to To Present
- Ohio Counselor and Social Worker Board current to 2024 ,
- Ohio Department of Education, Secondary Education Teaching License current to 2024
Other Experience and Professional Memberships
- 2020, Member, Ohio Academic Advising Association (OHAAA),
- 2020, Member, National Academic Advising Association (NACADA),
- 2020, Member, American College Counseling Association (ACCA),
- 2020, Member, University of Cincinnati Undergraduate Academic Advising Association (UCUAADA),
- -MLTI-1075 DISCOVERING UC
- 15-MLTI-123 COLLEGE SUCCESS SKL
- -MLTI-1011 LC