International Transfer Students

If you're transferring from an institution outside the U.S., whether a U.S. Citizen or a citizen of another country, a Transfer Advisor can help (for questions pertaining to your visa or lawful status, please contact International Services).

Below is a list of necessary steps you must take prior to coming to Cincinnati. Please take a look and feel free to contact us with any questions you might have regarding transfering to your new university.



Before coming to Cincinnati

Finalize Immigration (if applicable)

In order to process your immigration documents more efficiently please check your email account you used when applying for important information from UC International Services regarding iBearcatsGlobal. Log into iBearcatsGlobal and complete the checklist before arriving on campus.



The University of Cincinnati takes very seriously its responsibility to safeguard student records and identification privacy. To enhance your identity security, UC has a unique identifier for each individual at the University, known as the UCID. The UCID is your student identification number, used for interfacing with faculty and college advisors regarding your day-to-day student business. For example, the UCID identifies you for your instructors on their class rosters and on your exams. When you contact your college or any UC administrative office, you will provide your UCID so that office's personnel can open your individual records. Your UCID will be linked to all of your UC academic and administrative records - your class schedule, tuition and fees bills, library access, grades and transcript.


Get your Central Login Username

The University of Cincinnati uses a secure Central Login Service for students, faculty and staff to access essential online services and tools. This includes registering for classes, paying tuition and fees, checking financial aid, accessing courses through Canvas, accessing your UC email account, online library resources and more - all using the same Username and Password. If you do not yet have a U.S. social security number, please email to obtain your login credentials.


Access your UC email

UC students are encouraged to use their UC email for all things related to UC. It is the official means of communication to you from UC. University, college and program communications will only be sent to your UC email. These emails will include information and deadlines regarding registration, tuition and fee billing, policy changes and graduation applications. Students are expected to check their email daily. Professional and respectful verbal and written communication are required at all times.

To access your email, go to

Please note: Unless you have already accessed and changed your initial password, it will be Uc!mmddyyyy. ("mmddyyyy" is your full date of birth starting with the two digit month, two digit day and four digit year of your birth; example: March 10, 2000 = Uc!03102000.) Please be aware of the case sensitive password.


Learn about Enrollment Services

UC's Enrollment Services is a one-stop, central location where you can do everything online related to your enrollment, course registration, view and pay bills, view financial aid, request transcripts, and much more.

Now that you are matriculated into a degree program, the professional advising staff within your new college will assist you in registering for your first semester at UC. Each college at UC handles transfer student orientation differently. Please refer to the confirmed students page to learn what you need to do next.


For visa holders

In addition to your college orientation, you will also need to complete a "Check-In” with UC International Services. This can be scheduled by logging onto iBearcatsGlobal. This is important to aviod break in your immigration status!

Your degree audit will allow you to determine the classes still needed to complete in order to receive your degree from UC. You can access your degree audit in Catalyst.

If you see that you are missing credits that you have earned on this degree audit, please contact your academic advisor and make sure that you have submitted your final transcripts. If you attended a college or university outside the United States, you will need to get an additional Foreign Credential Evaluation report completed and sent to International Admissions as soon as possible.The degree audit includes your transfer credit from your previous institution(s).

There are many ways in which your previous credit by examination (Advanced Placement, A Level, and International Baccalaureate) can count towards college level coursework at UC. Find out how to submit your examinations you may have taken in high school to earn you the credit you deserve.

We encourage you to run an audit and become familiar with it before coming to campus for orientation and registration prior to your first enrollment term. In the meantime, please direct any questions you may have about your degree audit to the Transfer & Transition Advising Center.