Transfer Credit

Detail shot of Nippert Stadium with a reflection of Tangeman Center

Transfer Credit Coursework

Students can earn transfer credits for coursework taken at regionally accredited colleges and universities. Credit from non-regionally accredited institutions and international universities are reviewed by college advisors after students confirm their admission to the University. It is at the college’s discretion whether to accept and apply this credit to a program. For more information regarding accreditation and to search accreditation status for prior institutions, please visit our Accreditation for Transfer Credit page.

At this time UC does not accept courses from online course providers, such as Sophia Learning, Portage Learning, Straighterline,, etc. for transfer credit. Students are not advised to take courses through these providers. 

Students are required to request official transcripts from prior institutions to be sent to the University of Cincinnati Office of Undergraduate Admissions for transfer credit evaluation. Transfer students have coursework reviewed and evaluated when their applications are complete and college transcripts have been received. First-year students will have any College Credit Plus (CCP) or dual enrollment coursework reviewed and evaluated upon confirming their admission to the University of Cincinnati.

All course equivalencies are housed in our Transfer Equivalency Database. If you cannot find a course in the database, it may be a new course that needs to be reviewed. These courses will be reviewed upon submitting your completed application. For any questions regarding how transferred coursework may be applied towards your degree program, please contact our Transfer and Transition Advising Center.


Test Credits

Test credits are awarded based on when the student took the exam for credit. Please refer to the award keys for each type of credit to determine credit transferability.

Advanced Standing Credits

Advanced Standing credits may be awarded by the student's home college when credits are not automatically evaluated by our central Credit Evaluation Office. Advanced Standing credit award policies vary depending on home college. Please consult your assigned academic advisor at your home college if you believe you may be eligible for advanced standing credit.

Designated home college administrators will need to complete and submit an advanced standing form to Credit Evaluation on behalf of a student for processing if advanced standing credit is to be awarded.