Accreditation Requirements for Transfer Credit

Transfer credits are reviewed and accepted depending on the accreditation status of the college or university during your time of enrollment. Our office requires an official transcript be sent to the University for review.

You may visit the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) website to search for information regarding your institution's accreditation.

Regional Accreditation Commissions

The Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) Western Association of Schools and Colleges accredits associate degree-granting institutions, with authorization to approve career or technically–oriented baccalaureate degrees, in colleges in California, Hawaii, the Territories of Guam and American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, the Republic of Palau, the Federated States of Micronesia, and the Republic of the Marshall Islands.

The Higher Learning Commission (HLC)—formerly North Central Association of Colleges and Schools—accredits degree–granting institutions of higher education incorporated in or operating under federal authority in, the United States; and that have a substantial presence, as defined elsewhere in HLC policy, in the United States. This includes degree granting institutions operating within federally authorized sovereign nations that are authorized (licensed) by the same any state within the United States or such federally authorized sovereign nation to award higher degrees (including associate, baccalaureate, master's or doctoral degrees (both research and professional).

Historically, the HLC has accredited post–secondary education institutions in the central United States: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.

The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) accredits institutions which offer one or more postsecondary educational programs, including those offered via distance education, of at least one academic year in length at the Associate’s or higher level in Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and any other geographic areas in which the Commission elects to conduct accrediting activities within and outside of the United States.

The New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) accredits institutions that award the bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees and associate's degree–granting institutions that include in their offerings at least one program in liberal studies or another area of study widely available at the baccalaureate level of regionally accredited colleges and universities in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, and internationally.

The Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU) accredits and pre-accredits (“Candidacy status”) postsecondary degree–granting educational institutions in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and internationally, and the accreditation of programs offered via distance education within these institutions.

The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) accredits degree-granting institutions of higher education in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Latin America, and other CHEA–approved international sites, including the accreditation of programs offered via distance and correspondence education within these institutions.

The WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) accredits institutions of higher education in the US and internationally that offer the baccalaureate degree or above.