Change Major Specialization

The change of college form allows you to make certain changes to your education, such as changing, adding, or dropping a major or minor. Please read the following Change Major Specialization instructions carefully, before starting your application.

A Major Specialization is considered a sub–plan or track (e.g. Math & Natural Science is a sub–plan for the Middle Childhood Education BSED). Not all majors have sub–plan options.

Currently enrolled students who wish to switch their major specialization should use this form. Sub–plan options can be viewed on the Majors and Programs page and are listed under the program column under the main program. (e.g. A Middle Childhood Education BSED student with a sub–plan of Math & Natural Science wishing to switch to the Language Arts & Mathematics sub–plan.)

Instructions for Changing a Major Specialization

Step 1: Access the Form

Access the form by logging in with your central UC credentials via the button below. Next, you will be asked to fill out your residential information. Once you have entered your information, choose the option to change major specialization and proceed with the form. Please note that answers are not stored, so make sure to complete your request form in one sitting.

If you were admitted to UC for a future semester or are an incoming transfer student, please use the Incoming Student Change of Major ApplicationContact the Office of Admissions if you need assistance.

Step 2: Select College

Select your college from the drop–down menu. Click “Next.”

Step 3: Read and Follow the Instructions

Each college has different instructions, outlining their process and deadlines. It is important that you read everything carefully to avoid further delays in your application.

Step 4: Complete the Application

Once you have read the instructions, continue with the application form. Since your application will be processed by your new college, each college will have slightly different next steps. If you need assistance completing your application, please contact the Transfer & Transition Advising Center.

Step 5: Review Next Steps

Immediately after completing your application you will be presented with a “Next Steps” screen containing information from the college and the Registrar about the timeline and next steps.

Step 6: Confirm Your Change in Major Specialization

You will receive an email to your UC email account if your readmission has been approved. Log back into the Change in Major Speicalization Application and "Confirm" your request. Your degree plan will be updated only after you select "Confirm."

Example of change in major specialization approval email text. "Hello DeeAnne, Thank you for submitting your recent change request related to Lindner College of Business (LCB): 22BAC Accounting BBA (ACCT-BBA). After review of your credentials, a decision has been made. Please take the necessary action by clicking the "confirm" button, which can be found here:

Example of Change in Major Specialization Approval Email

After Submitting Your Application

Track Your Application Status

Once you have submitted your application, you can track your status under the “My Forms” tab.

Cancel a Pending Application

If you need to cancel a pending application, access your form under the “My Forms” tab and click the “Cancel” button in the “Cancel” column.