Application and Admission
I was admitted to take classes in my high school only. What do I need to do to take courses online or on a UC campus? Expand
Are ACT/SAT scores required for admission? Expand
No. However, ACT or SAT scores may be used to satisfy certain course prerequisites. [link to prereq question?]
Is funding available for Non-Public and Homeschool students? Expand
Yes; however Non-Public and Homeschool students must complete a funding application each year. Funding applications are due by 5:00 PM on April 1 each year. The funding application covers the subsequent summer, fall, and spring semesters. Please work with your school counselor to determine how many funding hours to request.
The funding application is available through the OH ID website. Check out this information for filling out the funding application.
How do I reset my password? Expand
To reset your central login password, please visit University of Cincinnati Password Self Service website.
Are placement tests required? Expand
If you are planning to take English Composition (ENGL 1001), an English Assessment score (or ACT ENGL or SAT EBRW) must be on your academic record to satisfy the course prerequisite.
The self-assessment is fully online and will take approximately 20 minutes to complete; it includes a short reading.
You may access the English Assessment, using your CCP application credentials (NOT your UC login).
If you are planning to take a math or science course, a Math Placement Test (or ACT MATH or SAT MATH) must be on your academic record to satisfy course prerequisites. ALEKS is an un-proctored test is available online and may be taken at any time; however, one the test is started, you have 2 hours and 30 minutes to complete it.
You may access the Math Placement Test, using your UC credentials.
How do I pay for a course that isn't covered by CCP? Expand
Work with your CCP advisor to complete an Option A form. This form is due by the drop deadline date each semester. Information about course billing will be sent to your UC email after the drop deadline. You may find additional billing information on UC's Bursar website.
How do I register for courses? Expand
What is a "course prerequisite" and how do I satisfy it? Expand
A prerequisite is generally a requirement that a student must complete before enrolling in a course. Different choices of prerequisites may be listed. For example, for UC's CHEM 1040/Introduction to Chemistry, students may satisfy the course prerequiste by taking a math course like MATH 1021, OR by scoring a 55 or higher on the ALEKS placement test. Some courses may require more than one prerequisite.
A corequisite is another type of requirement that may be listed to enroll in a course. Common corequisites include enrollment in a particular program or major at UC.
I am trying to register for courses, but I have an advising hold. How do I get rid of it? Expand
CCP students are required to meet with their assigned CCP advisor prior to each semester they plan to enroll at UC. You may schedule an appointment in My Bearcat Network.
How do I find my advisor? Expand
You are assigned a CCP advisor after attending a CCP orientation session. You can locate your advisor in Catalyst by clicking on the "My Academics" tile and looking in the "Academic Profile" box. You may also locate your advisor and schedule an appointment with them through My Bearcat Network.
How do I know if a course will satisfy my high school graduation requirement? Expand
Check with your high school counselor to verify that any course you take as a CCP student satisfies a particular high school graduation requirement.
I already met with my advisor - why am I not able to register for the upcoming term? Expand
CCP students are assigned specific enrollment times. You can locate your enrollment time following the steps below.
- Log into Catalyst
- Click the "My Academics" tile
- Select the "Classes and Schedule" option
- Click "View Assigned Enrollment Time" to learn your specific date and time to register
I am not doing well in my class, what are my options? Expand
- Contact your advisor and explore various academic support resources available to UC students.
- Review course deadlines. *Please note that these may differ per course.*
- Discuss academic implications of dropping or withdrawing from a course with your high school counselor.
- Discuss financial implications of dropping or withdrawing from a course with your high school counselor, CCP advisor, and family.
- Follow up with your CCP advisor for specific instructions for how to drop or withdraw from a course.
Where can I see what classes are offered in an upcoming semester? Expand
UC's current semester course schedule may be found in the course catalog. If future semester offerings are available, select a different term in the Term drop down box.
Keep in mind that courses are offered in various formats:
- Semester: These courses will last the entire 15 week semester.
- Hybrid: These courses involve in person and online work.
- In person: These courses require in person attendance to a UC classroom.
- Online, synchronous: These courses meet online at particular days and times each week. Students are expected to be online at the scheduled course time.
- Online, asynchronous: These courses do not have specific meeting days and times but are not self-paced. Students are expected to submit assignments by posted due dates throughout the semester.
Other Questions and Additional Resources
If I am a UC CCP student, do I still have to apply as an undergraduate student to attend UC after graduating high school? Expand
Yes. All CCP students must apply to UC Undergraduate Admissions as a first-time freshman student. Participating in UC CCP does not guarantee automatic admission into any degree program at the University of Cincinnati.
If I was a CCP student at UC, do I have to attend freshmen/Bearcats Bound Orientation? Expand
Yes. All incoming freshmen, including former CCP students, are required to attend orientation. There are no exceptions to this rule.
Are CCP students eligible for Study Abroad Programs? Expand
No. CCP students are not permitted to participate in study abroad programs as they are beyond the scope of this program.
Are CCP Students eligible for on-campus housing? Expand
No. Students enrolled in CCP or other similar dual-enrollment programs are not eligible for University on-campus housing.
How will my CCP credits transfer? Expand
- If you took CCP credit at another institution, please search UC's transfer equivalency database and work with your current academic advisor to determine how your credits may transfer to UC.
- If you plan to attend college outside of UC, please contact a representative from the institution you plan to attend. State that you are interested in applying and ask how the course(s) in question will transfer and apply toward your intended degree.
How do I get a copy of my UC College transcript? Expand
- If you completed your CCP coursework at UC and you plan to attend UC, you do not need to send a transcript.
- If you plan to attend college elsewhere and you need an official UC transcript, you will need to access your Catalyst Portal. Transcripts can be ordered on the “My Academics” page under “Grades/Transcript/Enroll Cert.”
- For any logon assistance, including retrieving your 6+2 Central Logon Username and password, please contact UCIT Helpdesk at (513)556-4357.