Non-Matriculated Advising

Students may take classes at UC without being enrolled in a UC degree program. Their official status is non-matriculated, which is a traditional academic term meaning "not enrolled in a degree program."

For advising related questions, including help for visiting students and/or senior audits, please contact our advising office.


Before you apply, please be aware of the following:

  • Are you transferring your UC coursework back to your home institution?
    It is highly recommended that you verify with your home institution the transferability and applicability of the UC course(s) prior to registration.
  • No financial aid for non-matriculated students
    As a non-matriculated student please be aware that you will not be eligible for financial aid. Financial aid is limited to students in a degree-seeking program.
  • Tuition cost per credit hour
    Please note that the tuition cost per credit hour varies by campus. See all tuition prices.

Apply to become a non-matriculated student Expand

Step 1: Complete the Basic Data Form. This form enables the UC Registrar to update or create your student record.

The Basic Data Form will be available for:

  • Spring 2020: Monday, October 7, 2019
  • Summer 2020: Monday, February 24, 2020

Step 2: Approximately two-three business days after submitting the form, you will receive an email with instructions on how to sign up for classes. The email will be sent to the address you stated in the Basic Data Form. Please note that if you were previously a student at UC, you will not recieve this email.

Resources for Non-Matriculated Students

Hands on a laptop keyboard

Bearcat Card Student ID

All Cincinnati students are required to have a photo ID, the Bearcat Card. A valid student ID is required to use libraries, computer labs, sport and recreation facilities and campus dining centers. The UC ID also serves as the Bearcat Campus Card, a debit card that can be used in all campus vending machines, shops and campus bookstore, as well as select off-campus eateries.

To obtain a student ID card, please contact the Badge & Key Office.

Blackboard and Canvas

Blackboard and Canvas are learning management systems (LMS) that allow instructors to post course syllabi and instructional materials, send notifications, provide discussion boards for students, and much more.

Starting in the fall semester of 2020, all courses will switch over to Canvas, but some courses are already using Canvas. If you're unsure what LMS your instructor is using for their course, please contact them directly.

Once you are officially a student and have registered for courses, you will automatically be granted access to the course in the relevant LMS.


Our bookstores offer all required and recommended textbooks and course packs plus everything from school supplies to light dorm room furniture. In-store and online.


UConnect E-mail is Cincinnati's official means of communication with students, and all students must use their UConnect account. A UConnect e-mail account is provided to all University of Cincinnati students and will be used for all official university communications.

To access, go to, click Tools in the upper right corner and select Student Email.

One Stop

Cincinnati's central administration service, One Stop Student Services, enables you to take care of business online or in person without having to run all over campus. You can register for classes, accept your financial aid award, pay your bill, check your grades, request a transcript and more.


View parking maps, buy your parking pass, and get updates about event parking. Motorist assistance is also available.

Student Health Insurance

Student Health Insurance is required if you enroll for six or more credit hours. Eligible students are billed automatically for single coverage unless insurance is waived or dependent coverage is requested.