Paying your Bill
Each academic year students are required to acknowledge and accept their responsibility to pay for all enrolled classes and other charges that post to their bill. This will show as a hold on the student account, titled "Financial Agreement" (formerly known as "Bursar Pre-Registration Agreement"), and must be completed before the system will allow registration. This must be completed by all students, regardless of how your bill is being paid.
The "Financial Agreement" is a two-part agreement and can be completed by following the below instructions:
- Log in to Catalyst with your username and password.
- Select the “Tasks” tile.
- Select “To Do list” and then select “Financial Agreement”.
- Read the agreement that states you agree to pay all charges and check the box “I understand and agree” if you agree with the terms.
- If you would like to save a copy, click printable page to print a copy before saving.
- Then select “Save” and “Next”.
- The next agreement authorizes the university to contact you by email, phone, or text. Click “I understand and agree” if you agree with the terms.
- Be sure to print a copy for your records before saving the page.
- Select “Save”, then "Next", then “Finish”. Please note, the agreement is not complete until you select “Finish”.
- Lastly, select the “Exit” button. The “Financial Agreement” hold should then be removed from the tasks tile.
Viewing Your Bill
Bills are due 5 days before the class begins. There are no adjustments for weekends or holidays. Charges posted after this date are due 7 days from when the charge posted. Due dates can be found in Catalyst on the term bill or the "Charges Due" screen. Students should routinely check their online bill in Catalyst to ensure their financial obligations are met in a timely manner. Term bills are generally available in Catalyst after registration or on the 1st of the month before classes begin.
Please know that the student bill is a dynamic bill representing charges and credits, including aid and loans, for a term as of the time it is viewed on-line and will typically update overnight when changes are made.
Room and board charges will post to your bill approximately 7 weeks prior to the start of a term. Additional details about room and board charges can be found on the housing website. Please direct questions about room and board to Housing & Food Services via email at UCHousing@uc.edu.
How To View Your Term Bill:
It is highly recommended to view the student term bill which includes an itemized list of charges before making a payment.
Students can access their term bill by logging in to Catalyst, clicking the "My Finances" tile, and then "View Term Bill" found in the Account Summary box. Click the term, and then click "continue" which will pull up the term bill for that semester.
Parents and other delegated access users can view the term bill by logging in to Catalyst, clicking the "Delegated Access" tile, then clicking "Financial", and then clicking "View Bill", and then selecting the term. Lastly, click "continue".
Please note, the bill opens up in a new window and might be blocked as a pop-up in the top right corner. You will want to allow pop-ups for Catalyst.