Tax Forms & Disclosures

The Information provided by UC is not a substitute for professional tax counseling. UC is unable to provide tax advice to individuals. If you wish to claim a tax credit for educational benefits, be sure to provide your 1098-T to your tax professional. In addition to the 1098-T, your term bills and personal financial records may serve as supporting documentation for your federal income tax return.

International Students

A 1042-S is a year-end federal tax document given to some international students. The IRS considers scholarship funding that pays for more than a student's tuition and fees to be income. This amount is taxed 14%. Students whose scholarship has been taxed will receive a 1042-S.