The University of Cincinnati has partnered with Flywire to offer an innovative and streamlined way to make a payment from your home country. Founded by a former international student, Flywire's mission is to save money for international students and their families that would otherwise be lost on bank fees and unfavorable foreign exchange rates.
- Saves money - using Flywire will save you hundreds of dollars on each tuition payment vs. traditional bank wires
- Simple - no more back-and-forth with the school and the bank trying to get all the information you need to make a wire payment
- Quick - no more waiting and wondering if your payment has posted to your account. Flywire will keep you and UC informed along the way.
How it works:
- Flywire accepts payments from any country typically in your home currency. We work to secure your wholesale foreign exchange rates, which are significantly lower than rates offered by traditional banks.
- Login to your Catalyst portal, select the "Finances" tile, and then click "Make a Payment" located in the "Account Summary" section. You will be transferred to CASHNet securely hosted by our payment partner, Higher One. Once the payer is transferred to CASHNet payers will be offered 3 methods of payment; Flywire, eCheck/ACH or credit card.
- After selecting Flywire, you will select your preferred payment method from the options provided. Options may include bank transfer, debit/credit card in your home currency, electronic payment, or other local options.
- Follow the instructions provided to send funds to Flywire. For bank transfers, follow the instructions provided to send your funds. Depending on your bank, payment may be made online, in person, or over the phone. For debit/credit card payments, enter your card details online to complete your payment in your home currency. Note: Additional local payment options may be available depending on the country you are paying from.
- Track your payment by logging into your Flywire account at any time. Receive text and email status updates each step of the way, including a confirmation when your payment has been delivered to your institution.
The university can only accept international wire payments via Flywire. Flywire is our 3rd-party coordinator and have assisted many students with payments. Please have your bank representative contact Flywire with any inquires and they will be very glad to assist.
If it is absolutely not possible to use Flywire, the only other option to make an international payment would be a demand draft. If you want to send a demand draft, it should be made payable to the "University of Cincinnati" and sent to the following address:
University of Cincinnati, Bursar Operations
P.O. Box 210140
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0140