- Suggested courses, minors, certificates, etc. for pre-law students
- UC student organizations - Pre-Law Club, Phi Alpha Delta, and more!
- Law School Admissions Council (LSAC)
- American Bar Association Pre-Law Guide on Preparing for Law School
- AdmissionsDean.com: A guide for pre-law students
- American Bar Association Standard 509 Disclosures
- LexisNexis - How to Prepare for Law School
- NALP (Natl. Assoc. of Law Placement)
- preLaw Magazine published by The National Jurist
- Official Guide to ABA-Approved Law Schools
- Wilson-Stern Book of Law School Lists
- XPlore JD by AccessLex Institute - XploreJD is a free, online search tool by which students answer a series of questions for six primary factors in the law school decision-making process—Location, Cost, Enrollment, Diversity, Curriculum and Outcomes—and then prioritize the attributes that will most impact their final selection.
Exploring Law Schools & Helpful Resources - Begin your exploration here! Expand
Career Exploration and Pre-Law Internship Programs and Opportunities Expand
UC & Cincinnati Resoures and Organizations
- Handshake - Internship, Co-Op and Job Opportunities for every UC student to explore!
- Bearcats Connect - Harness the Power of the UC Alumni Network - Bearcats Connect is a new platform where UC alumni, students, faculty and staff can network, mentor and grow professionally. You can filter users to find alumni to invite to your meetings/events, send a message to an alumnus with a job that you think is cool, or check out job postings on the job board
- Summer Work Experience in Law (SWEL) program - Cincinnati Legal internship program geared toward underrepresented minority students interested in law school and a legal career
- Immigrant and Refugee Law Center
- Children's Law Center, Northern Kentucky
- Ohio Justice and Policy Center
- Discover Law- LSAC.org - Get inspired and learn what attending law school and pursuing a career in law can do for you
- How to practice safe networking - Whether you are connecting with an alum, a potential employer or a friend of a friend, it's important to take safety precautions when meeting someone new. "Networking up" creates a power dynamic that can at times be difficult to navigate. Consider these tips and advice to help keep you safe.
- CLEO Pre-Law Programs
- College to Congress - Congressional internship program on Capitol Hill
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute: Internship Program Application
- Washington Center Internships in Washington, D.C. - Many pre-law students gain real-world experience across different governmental agencies through the Washington Center internship program.
- Sidley Prelaw Scholars Program - The Sidley Prelaw Scholars Program is designed to increase diversity in law schools and the legal profession by helping diverse, high-performing college students with financial needs offset the high costs of LSAT preparation classes and admissions applications and by helping them prepare for the first year of law school
- Boston University - Summer Pre-Law Programs
- University of Wisconsin – Madison
- SEO Law
- Trials (Training and Recruitment Initiative for Admission to Leading Law Schools) - Trials is a unique partnership of Harvard Law School, NYU School of Law, and the Advantage Testing Foundation. It is a fully subsidized summer study program for students of modest means whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented at the nation’s top law schools.
Financial Information for Law School Expand
- Student Loan Calcluator
- Max Pre-Law
- An online suite of resources offering interactive lessons, webinars, worksheets, checklists and even one-on-one financial strategy coaching from Accredited Financial Counselors (AFC®) and other financial aid experts – to provide aspiring law students with answers to their most pressing questions.
- Ask EDNA (Education Network at AccessLex)
- Service that provides on-demand, one-on-one student loan and financial education information to incoming graduate and professional students to help set them on a sound financial path.
- Financing Your Legal Education & other webinars
Diversity in Law - Pipeline programs, Identifying implicit bias and blind spots, Minority internships and more! Expand
- LSAC Discover Law - A commitment to diversity in law
- Pre-Law Undergraduate Scholars (PLUS) programs
- Council on Legal Education Opportunity (CLEO) pre-law programs
- Diversity pipeline programs directory www.accesslex.org/accesslex-diversity-pipeline-program-directory
- Harvard’s free implicit bias quizzes. Find out your implicit associations about race, gender, sexual orientation, and other topics implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/
- Catalyst by SEO Law - provides free resources to students of color applying to law school
- PWC’s video series on identifying blind spots www.pwc.com/us/en/about-us/blind-spots.html
- Summer Work Experience in Law (SWEL) Cincinnati pre-law summer internship program
- LGBTQ Applicants LSAC
- National Diversity Pre-Law Conference & Law Fair, National Black Pre-Law Conference, National HBCU Pre-Law Summit and Law Expo & National Hispanic Pre-Law Conference & Law Fair
Exploring Alternative Legal Careers Expand
- J.D. Advantage Careers - What is a JD advantage career? In recent years, the term of art “J.D. advantage” was coined to describe careers that don’t require a license to practice law but for which applicants would be greatly advantaged in the job search process if they’ve earned a J.D. These careers span across the public and private sectors and touch on almost all industries involved in the job search today.
- Human Rights Careers
- Legal Compliance - legal.thomsonreuters.com/en/solutions/regulation-and-compliance-management
- Legal Occupations from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- You can still be connected to the legal fied without earning a J.D. Read about careers as Mediators, Arbitrators, Legal assitants and more.
- Master's degrees and other degrees and certificates
- Read about what the LSAC says about programs including Master of Legal Studies (MLS), Master of Science in Law (MSL), Legal Certificate Programs, Doctor of Sciene of Law www.lsac.org/applying-law-school/types-law-degrees
- Master of Science in Law in Corporate Compliance - Fordham Law