What does it mean to be a pre-health student?
- You have the desire to work in a health-related field, such as: Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine, Physician Assistant, Pharmacy, Podiatry
- You are taking the required pre-requisite coursework for your desired program(s).
- You are working with the Pre-Professional Advising Center by attending workshops and advising sessions
- You possess these important qualities: competitive metrics, strong personal attributes and have meaningful pre-health and other professional experiences.
- Competitive Metrics
- You are maintaining a high undergraduate GPA and devoting time to earning a competitive admission test score
- You plan to apply to professional school after completing undergraduate coursework and are investigating admissions expectations of these schools
- You are majoring in a field which interests you and taking natural science courses and other prerequisites required by the professional schools to which you plan to apply
2. Personal Attributes
- You are strengthening your leadership skills by actively participating in campus clubs and organizations
- You are willing to commit your time to volunteerism and community service
- You are acting, thinking and communicating as a professional at all times
3. Meaningful Experiences
- You are networking and making connections with professionals in your desired health-related field
- You are gaining exposure through first-hand shadowing and observation experiences
- You are investigating alternative career options
- You are exploring the field through employment opportunities