In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Learning Commons has worked to continue serving University of Cincinnati students. The methods of service for Learning Commons programs have transitioned to include online access. Most of our services will be accessed remotely and not in-person.
Each of our services has different dynamics to consider, so different technological platforms are be used for each program. Detailed descriptions of each program’s transition to online spaces is available on the program’s page.
If you have questions about a specific program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Learning Commons will continue to make every effort to support UC students. We look forward to supporting your academic success and hope to see you online soon!
Fall Semester services are now available!
Learning Commons services will be online only for Fall Semester 2020 and Spring Semester 2021. Fall Semester services will end on Wednesday, December 2, 2020.
The Learning Commons provides free centralized academic support for University of Cincinnati students. We bring together faculty, best-practices in teaching and learning, and hundreds of outstanding peer educators to create flexible academic success programming.
Each year more than 6,000 students take advantage of Learning Commons programs to build confidence, integrate on campus, and master challenging course content. These programs include:
- One-on-one and group-based tutoring in more than 200 courses
- A nationally-recognized Learning Communities program that brings together first-year students and campus mentors to promote social integration and academic success
- Academic Coaching for students seeking improved organization, motivation, and learning strategies
- Student learning assistants for faculty using active and collaborative teaching methods
- Collaborative learning opportunities such as our Success Skills Workshops or Supplemental Instruction program
We offer credit-bearing, drop-in, and appointment-based options. Students can schedule an appointment via our scheduling website while drop-in schedules or enrollment instructions are viewable on each program's page.
UC Faculty & Staff
Please visit the Learning Commons site on Bearcats Landing for information specific for Faulty and Staff. If you are seeking to collaborate to promote student success for your students, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. To request a presenation from the Learning Commons, please click the button below.