Learn Together. Learning Commons.
The Learning Commons provides free centralized academic support for University of Cincinnati students. We are open to all students across all majors and all campuses. As the hub for academic support in and out of the classroom, we bring together hundreds of peer educators, faculty, and best-practices around teaching and learning to create a supportive environment for students to succeed.
Updates and Information
- TracCloud is the new website to schedule Learning Commons services and provides a much better experience. Access TracCloud via the "Schedule a Service" button above. Scroll down to view a video on how to schedule a service in TracCloud.
- Check the individual program pages to learn more about the service, the operating hours, and the method of access (in-person, online, or both).
- The Learning Commons is available to students on Clifton's, Clermont's, and Blue Ash's campuses.
- Clifton Learning Commons: 2510B French Hall West, (513) 556-3244, LearningCommons@uc.edu
- Clifton Math and Science Support (MASS) Center: 2133 French Hall West, 513-556-1467, email@example.com
- Clifton Academic Writing Center (AWC): 401N Langsam Library, (513) 556-3912, AcadWC@uc.edu
- Clermont Learning Commons and AWC: 106 Edith Peters-Jones, (513) 558-8319, UCCLearningCommons@uc.edu
- In-person appointments are available on both Clifton's campus and Clermont's campus. Be sure to make note of the location when scheduling your service!
How To Schedule a Service in TracCloud
Each year more than 6,000 students take advantage of Learning Commons services to build confidence, integrate themself on campus, and master their course content. We provide a variety of different services to help support student's academic growth and development of critical success skills including:
- One-on-one and group-based tutoring in 200+ courses
- Our nationally-recognized Learning Communities program, which brings together first-year students and campus mentors to promote social integration and academic success
- Academic Coaching and Success Skills Workshops for students seeking improved organization, motivation, learning strategies, time management, and other skills
- Learning Assistants, embedded in classes, who use active and collaborative teaching methods
- Additional collaborative learning opportunities in our Academic Writing Center, Math and Science Support Center, and Supplemental Instruction sessions
We offer credit-bearing, drop-in, and appointment-based options. Students can schedule a service on TracCloud, our scheduling website. Service hours, drop-in schedules, and enrollment instructions can be found on each program's page.
UC Faculty & Staff
Please visit the Learning Commons site on Bearcats Landing for information specific for Faulty and Staff. If you are seeking to collaborate to promote student success for your students, please feel free to reach out to us at LearningCommons@uc.edu. To request a presenation from the Learning Commons, please click the button below.