Community Education & Training
The Office of Gender Equity & Inclusion strives to inform the University of Cincinnati community about the following topics and aims to tailor trainings to the needs and requests of the specific audience.
The Office of Gender Equity & Inclusion enhances the quality of life for all members of the UC community. We provide a working knowledge and education on the most common types of gender-based harassment and discrimination. Topics may include:
- Introduction to the Office of Gender Equity & Inclusion
- Title IX
- Title IX Refresher & Update
- Creating a Respectful Work Environment
- How to Help a Friend
- Bystander Intervention
- Group activities on how to respond to disclosures
If you have specific requests that are not listed, please contact our office.
To request a presentation or training for your student organization, department, unit, or community organization please send an email to email@example.com or fill out the information on the Training Request Form.
Mondays with Matt
Throughout the 2020 fall semester, the Office of Gender Equity & Inclusion will be offering the series 'Mondays with Matt." These talks offer an opportunity for members of the UC community to meet virtually with Matt Olovson, the Title IX Coordinator and Interim Executive Director of the Office of Gender Equity & Inclusion and the Executive Director for the Office of Equal Opportunity & Access. During these conversations, he and others in the field will discuss various topics surrounding harassment and discrimination.
This is a weekly series, every Monday from 1:30-3:30 p.m. (with the exception of holidays. To register, please contact the office at (513) 556-3349 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 31, 2020: UC's Title IX Sexual Harassment Policy
- September 14, 2020: Gender Equity & Inclusion Policy Coordination
- September 21, 2020: Gender Equity & Inclusion Investigations
- September 28, 2020: Gender Equity & Inclusion Informal Resolutions
- October 5, 2020: Gender Equity & Inclusion Support Services
- October 12, 2020: UC Non-Discrimination & Anti-Harassment Policy Overview
- October 26, 2020: Equal Access and Intentionally Inclusive Practices
- November 2, 2020: Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity
- November 9, 2020: Politics, Polarization, and Purposeful Unification
- November 16, 2020: Implicit Bias and Disparate Impact Discrimination (rescheduled from October)
- November 23, 2020: Executive Order 13950 and Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Education
- November 30, 2020: Building Trust, Inclusion, and Positive Relationships Within Your Space
- December 7, 2020: Inclusive Holiday Celebrations, Religious Accommodations, and the Separation of Church and State
- December 14, 2020: Reflections on 2020 and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Resolutions for 2021
All incoming students are encouraged to complete Haven. Haven is an online prevention programs designed to provide information on sexual harassment, healthy relationships, consent, and bystander intervention. Please contact the Student Wellness Center for more information about this online training.
Intersections invites non-supervisor employees to consider the nature of harassment and discrimination. Filled with engaging interactive exercises, it covers all aspects of promoting a harassment free workplace as well as their responsibility to students under Title IX and the Campus SaVE Act. Intersections helps employees recognize harassment and gender-based violence, and provides them with practical tips on creating a safe, inclusive environment for learning and work. Intersections also includes safe and positive options for bystander intervention, inclusive language for the workplace, and the nature of microaggressions.
Intersections invites supervisors to consider the nature of harassment and discrimination. Filled with engaging interactive exercises, it covers all aspects of a supervisor’s role in promoting a harassment and discrimination free workplace as well as their responsibility to students under Title IX and the Campus SaVE Act. Intersections helps supervisors understand the law; recognize harassment, discrimination, and gender-based violence; and respond to misconduct appropriately. It provides them with practical tips on creating a safe, inclusive environment for learning and work, including safe and positive options for bystander intervention, advice on using inclusive language in the workplace, and information on microaggressions. LawRoom’s expert team of instructional designers and legal editors have developed “Intersections” to provide users with a flexible user-directed learning experience, driven by narratives and immersive interactions, that engages users with realistic situations and tasks.
For more information on online training for employees, please contact Human Resources.