Center for Community Engagement
While virtual volunteer opportunities are always available, students are permitted to participate in COVID Careful in-person volunteer activities at this time. The expectation is that students only engage with in-person volunteer activities through organizations that take precautions comparable to the university's own safety protocols.
The CCE can help community partners connect with Bearcat volunteers and other university resources. A great place for non-profit organizations to start to tap into UC talent and energy is to request an account on volunteer.uc.edu by completing our intake form.
If your organization has opportunities for UC volunteers to support their neighbors, contactact firstname.lastname@example.org or consider joining us on volunteer.uc.edu through the link above.
Co-op With the CCE!
The CCE is now hiring a variety of on-campus co-ops for the fall. All of our open positions can be found in Handshake:
- Civic Influencers: These co-ops will work on our fall midterm election initiatives. These positions come with a stipend from Civic Influencers.
- Democracy Fellows: Similar to Civic Influencers, these co-ops will also work on our fall midterm election initiatives. These positions come with a stipend from the Campus Vote Project.
- Community Engagement Co-op: Support the Bearcat Buddies program, CCE outreach, and other programs/ events. This position is paid hourly at $12 per hour.
- Work Study Bearcat Buddies Driver: Help to transport Bearcat Buddies to various tutoring sites around Cincinnati. This is paid via work study at $12 an hour.
- Bearcat Buddies Driver: Transport Bearcat Buddies to various tutoring sites around Cincinnati. This is paid hourly at $12 per hour.
2639 Clifton Avenue
Stratford Heights - Building 19
PO Box 210138
Cincinnati, Ohio 45221-0138
- Monday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Closed Saturday and Sunday except for special events
Center for Community Engagement staff are accessible via phone, email, and in-person. We're happy to schedule a web meeting via Microsoft Teams, WebEx, or Zoom or an in-person meeting if you would like to connect with us. Visits to the CCE offices and virtual meetings are by appointment only at this time. To connect with the CCE call 513-556-1559 or contact us at email@example.com.