Leadership Trainings and Programs
The Women's Center is passionate about empowering women, transgender, gender non-conforming, and non-binary students to step into leadership roles at UC and in the world beyond. Our programming equips students with the skills necessary to organize, manage, and lead. Our commitment to both students' professional development and building community networks allows students in our leadership programs to connect with other leaders so they may find mentorship on and off campus.
Women in Leadership & Learning (WILL)
Women and Leadership & Learning is a one-year experiential co-curricular learning program for undergraduate women and gender minority students at the University of Cincinnati. The mission of WILL is to build a community of leaders committed to intersectional feminism, social justice, and activism. WILL students develop leadership and creative problem solving skills, build partnerships at UC and within the Cincinnati community, and tackle the tasks of navigating controversial conversations with civility.
- Must be at least an uprising second year student.
- A student must complete two consecutive semesters to complete WILL.
- Complete a group or individual Community Action Project.
- Participate in one-on-one sessions with the WILL Coordinator each semester.
- Complete an end of the year online compilation portfolio that showcases your stories and experiences with leadership, feminism, and social justice.
- Attend one feminist/gender equity related campus or community event per semester.
- It is also highly encouraged for students to take Intro to WGSS to attain a foundation understanding of intersectional feminism.
Change Makers Conference
Dedicated to uplifting and encouraging students to feel empowered to create social change on campus, in Cincinnati, and beyond. Change Makers brings together women and gender minorities from across campus for a day-long workshop to help them build the skills, strategies, and confidence to be able to create sustainable change using their own unique personal spheres of influence. Whether students want to run for student government, become a leader of an organization, develop policy, or step into other influence now or in the future this conference is for you!
The UC Women's Center provides internships during the academic year and summer. The internship can be for academic credit or for your own personal interests! This is a great professional development opportunity to become part of the UCWC team, have mentorship on the execution of your project, and grow in your leadership.
Request a Workshop
The UC Women's Center team provides a range of traveling programs that help students develop leadership skills, build community, and learn more about gender bias and justice. To request a workshop or presentation for your class, department, student organization, or residents please fill out the form.
- We require at least a two-week notice for all workshop requests.
- Workshops must start no later than 7 pm.
- The workshop must have at least 5 participants.
- If you need to cancel your workshop, please call 513-556-4401 within 24 hours.