Lead and Grow Grant
Student Affairs professionals and offices want to support students in their experiential endeavors that may not currently be covered entirely through funding opportunities on campus. The purpose of the grant opportunity administered through Student Affairs is to support students in their experiential and professional endeavors outside of the classroom.
The following outline the values associated with the Lead & Grow Grant. Your experience should fall under one of the following areas.
Community: What skills sets will you bring back to UC to contribute to the sense of community? What will you learn at this experience that will enhance the experience of your fellow students and improve the University? How will this prepare (make?) you a leader on campus?
Intellectual Growth/Learning: How will this experience help you acquire new knowledge and understanding? How will this supplement/enhance your academic experience? How will you apply what you learn to your academics? How will this prepare you to be a leader in your academic field?
Professional Growth: How will this help youdevelop skills to be competitive post-graduation, hone skills, support professional growth, marketable, career preparation, and portfolio development? Leadership skills in your career?
Global Engagement: How will this experience increase your international awareness, develop and integrate knowledge and skills to live successfully in the world-wide community, understand and be successful throughout the ever-evolving modern-world? How will this prepare you to be a global leader?
- Current part-time or full-time registered student at UC Clifton’s Campus at the time of application
- Must be participating in event that promotes the educational values and mission of the grant
- Cumulative G.PA. of 2.5 or higher
- Each year students can receive up to a maximum number of funds ($300); One accepted application per academic year.
- Limited funding is available for Graduate Students.
- Note: The grant is awarded based on the following criteria: availability of funds, length and costliness of experience, merit of proposal, student need, timeliness of application, and contribution to the University of Cincinnati community. We will not fund co-op expereinces domestic or abroad.
Step 1: Complete the following application form. The following rubric will provide guidelines as to what the committee will look for when reviewing applications. If you would like assistance prior to completing the application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability to discuss your application with a Lead & Grow Grant Committee Member from Student Affairs.
Step 2: Applications are reviewed on on a bi-weekly basis.
Step 3: If you receive funding, contact the Lead & Grow Grant Committee member who followed-up with your application to discuss how funds will be used.
Step 4: During and Following the event:
- All itemized receipts must be turned in within 5 business days after the event to 455 Steger Student Life Center for reimbursement
- Online assessment form needs to be completed 14 business days after the program. Upon approval the survey link will be sent to you.
- During your trip posting to social media is encouraged using #UCSAProud and #LGUC