Lead and Grow Grant
Student Activities and Leadership Development seeks to support students in their experiential endeavors that may not currently be covered entirely through funding opportunities on campus. The purpose of the grant opportunity administered through SALD is to support students in their experiential and professional endeavors outside of the classroom.
Lead & Grow Grant applications are being accepted in 2022!
There are four application review periods throughout the academic year: September 1, November 1, February 1, and April 1. All applicants will be notified by the 15th of each cycle.
For more information on the approval process, contact Jessica Ashcraft.
The following outlines the values associated with the Lead & Grow Grant. Your experience should fall under one of the following areas:
Inclusive Community: Create an environment that values inclusion, growth, development, and support by building partnerships through collaboration.
Leadership Development: Supporting students to be the best version of themselves by living their values and purpose through actions and standards.
Engagement: Encourage students within our university community to strive to reach their greatest potential through leadership development, personal and professional growth, and involvement.
Advocacy: Challenge students to become engaged, global citizens to examine contemporary issues related to systems of difference and inequality to empower them as agents of change in creating a socially just community.
Discovery: Commitment to experiential learning opportunities through change, innovation, vision, and creativity.
- Current undergraduate part-time or full-time registered student at the time of application
- Must be participating in an event or activity that promotes the educational values and mission of the grant.
- Each year, students can receive up to $500; one accepted application per academic year. Our committee considers the application and overall need in deciding how much we will award.
- Limited funding is available for Graduate Students.
- Note: The grant is awarded based on the following criteria: availability of funds, length and cost of experience, merit of proposal, student need, timeliness of application, and contribution to the University of Cincinnati community. We will not fund co-op experiences.
- Select the account menu by clicking on the circle in the top right of the screen on CampusLINK.
- Click on Submissions
- Select the "Budgeting" tab at the top of the screen
- Select the "Create Request Button"
- Click Lead and Grow Grant Application Budget
- Follow instructions within the form to submit your request
Step 2: There are four application review periods throughout the academic year: September 1, November 1, February 1, and April 1. All applicants will be notified by the 15th of each cycle.
Step 3: During and Following the event:
- Online assessment form needs to be completed 7 business days after the program. Upon approval the survey link will be sent to you.