Each semester, you must apply through Catalyst to utilze your benefits at UC.
Course Certification for Veteran Benefits
- On the Student Homepage on Catalyst, you will click on the Quick Links & Helpful Contacts window, located on the upper right-hand corner.
- On the next page, look for the UC VA Benefits Application on the lower left-hand side of the page.
- Next, choose the term that you wish to apply for benefits.
- Next select the VA benefits chapter that applies to you (30,31,33,35,1606).
- Next, answer all of the questions that apply to you. Note: if you are utlizing the Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33), you will put the percentage amount awarded by the VA for the Post 9/11 GI Bill; NOT your disability rating (if applicable). Please check your Certificate of Eligibility to verify your eligibility percentage.
- If you have any additional documents that you wish to upload (COE, VR&E Application, Yellow Ribbon Application, etc...) you will add those documents when prompted.
- Next, you will read and check off each box next to the statement.
When you are ready to submit your application, you will click on the "Submit" button; If you want to wait to submit your document, you can click on the "Save" button and return to the application at a later time.