Protection of Minors
What is the Protection of Minors Program?
The University sponsors programs and activities that are specifically designed for children, for example, summer camps. The University also makes its facilities available to outside groups and organizations that conduct programs geared toward children.
The University is committed to providing a safe environment for all members of our community as well as all those who participate in programs and activities on campus. This page is designed to raise awareness of some concerns affecting children and equip us to address such issues appropriately. Begin by watching United Educator's "Shine a Light" video (10 min), which highlights the importance of this topic and then take the applicable courses below.
Accessing Minors on Campus Courses
Below is a detailed set of instructions for both volunteers and others to login, access, and complete the required training for minors programs.
UC Employees will access SuccessFactors Learning to register for and complete the required training material relevant to the Protection of Minors on Campus program. Employees can register for these programs directly from following the links below. The link will take you to the registration page for the program in SuccessFactors Learning. Click on "Enroll" to add the program and all learning content to your Learning Assignments.
Volunteer Login (Including University Students)
Volunteers will register for, and complete the required training for the Protection of Minors on Campus program via the EduRisk training platform.
Volunteers will need to follow the steps below after they have accessed the EduRisk education portal:
- Complete the Registration Form by entering first name, last name, and email.
- You will receive a welcome email with your username and temporary password.
- Follow the link in the email to sign in.
- You will be prompted to do the following:
- Enter a temporary password.
- Create a new password.
- Create and answer a security question.
- Once logged in, be sure to complete the course that has been assigned to you.
- Review the Protection of Minors Policy and complete any required documentation and/or training.
- All providers of non-University sponsored programs must maintain similar coverage (General Liability $1 Million/ occurrence and $2 Million/aggregate, naming the University as an additional insured. Refer to URMIA to purchase sports camp coverage.
- Employees should refer to - Human Resources
If you ever suspect misconduct with a minor on our campus, REPORT IT!