Student Information and Registration
You must register at least 7-days in advance for final exams. Finals week is our busiest week. We do not accommodate late registrations for finals week.
- Please try to register online and then contact our office if you are having issues. Send us a screenshot of the error message you receive, if possible. If you do not include all information, your registration could be delayed and it is possible a spot would not be reserved for you. Late registration requests and walk-ins will not be permitted, you must make contact with our office at least 7-days in advance of your exam if you are having registration issues.
The policies listed below apply to students who are registered with Accessibility Resources and receive testing accommodations. Failure to comply with the Registration Policies may mean that you will not be able to take your test using your testing accommodations in our center. Failure to comply with the Test Center Policies during your test may result in academic disciplinary action being taken against you.
Test Registration Policies
To take an accommodated test in Testing Services you must complete the following:
- Be registered with Accessibility Resources.
- Complete Accommodation Request Form.
- Register to take your exam by the exam registration deadline. This deadline is three days prior to the day of your test for tests taken during the term, and one week prior to the day of your test for finals.
- Register for your test online through the Accommodated Test Registration System. These are the only acceptable ways to register for a test. See our sidebar for office contact information. If you need assistance or have issues scheduling for an exam, please contact our office immediately. 556-1428, email@example.com
- Take your exam at the same time that the rest of the class is taking it. There are two exceptions to this policy:
- If you have a time extension accommodation that would cause your test to run over into another class period, then you need to make arrangements with your instructor to begin your test earlier or take it at another time. You must make these arrangements prior to registering for the test, and your instructor has the right to choose when the alternate time will be. Your instructor may ask you for a copy of your class schedule to confirm this request.
- If your exam falls outside of our testing hours, you must make arrangements with your instructor to take the exam during our testing hours. Hours available for accommodated testing can be found on the Testing Services home page. Again, you must make these arrangements prior to registering for your test and your instructor may choose the time you will take the exam.
Do not schedule your test for an alternate time, no matter the reason, without first speaking with your instructor. Unless you need an alternate time for the reasons listed above, your instructor has the right to refuse to allow you to test during the time you have requested. If an instructor notifies Testing Services that they did not approve an alternate test time, Testing Services will not administer your test until the professor contacts the office directly to approve it. Remember, you can also arrange to test with your instructor and have your instructor provide you with accommodations.
Test Center Policies
The following policies are in place to ensure the academic integrity of university exams. Because Testing Services administers exams on behalf of UC faculty, we require that all students adhere to uniform rules and regulations so that Testing Services staff can easily assess whether or not a breach of the UC Student Code of Conduct has occurred. If an instructor contacts us with a concern of cheating or dishonesty of any kind, these procedures allow us to protect both the students in our test center, as well as the academic integrity of the exam.
On the day of your scheduled test you must . . .
- Begin your test on time. If you arrive past the exam start time indicated on the exam Cover Sheet (provided to us by your instructor) we must receive notification directly from the professor in the form of an email, phone call, or written note (that we will turn in with the test) that says that we may start your exam. If you need to reschedule your test, you may do so through the Accommodated Test Registration System online, or by calling our office prior to the time of your exam.
- Present current photo identification to Testing Services staff. A UC ID, driver's license, state ID, Passport or other issued identification card with your name and photo on it is acceptable
- ONLY bring into the test rooms pens, pencils, your exam/answer sheet, and any items for the exam that your instructor indicates are necessary for the exam on the exam cover sheet. No exceptions to this will be made. Food and drink are not allowed in the test rooms, regardless of whether your professor allows them in class. Cell phones, watches, fitbits, earbuds, or any other electronic devices are not permitted in the testing rooms. Hats, coats, gloves and scarves, may not be worn in the testing room. You may be asked to remove other bulky clothing or show the test center staff that there is nothing in your pockets, in sleeves, hoods, etc.
- Be aware of break policies. You cannot leave the testing area during your exam. You may use the restroom or have a drink/snack in our lobby, but if your instructor indicates that you are not permitted to leave the testing room during your exam, we will enforce that policy.
- Stop taking your exam and turn it in when your time is up. Testing Services will inform you of your end time at the beginning of your test appointment, and you can ask the test proctor to confirm your end time at any time while testing. All test rooms have clocks for you to monitor your time. It is your responsibility to stop your test when time is up.
Any and all breaches of these policies will be formally reported to your instructor by Testing Services staff.