At the University of Cincinnati, students are our first priority. To ensure that Accessibility Resources has an opportunity to engage each student to determine their disability related needs, we’ve developed a simple two-step process to receive our services.

Temporary Assistance

If you are a student seeking temporary accommodations please visit the Temporary Assistance Information and Request page.

Registration FAQ's

To read student and parent most frequently asked questions, visit our Registration FAQ's page.


Step 1: Complete an Online Application for Services and Upload Documentation

Students who require academic accommodations due to a disability will initiate the registration process by completing an Online Application for Services.

Documentation is not required to register for services. However, if it is available, it can be a useful tool and help to ensure that the full consideration of the impact of your disability on the academic environment is considered. 

Additionally, the reasonableness and necessity of requested accommodations may not be able to be determined without it, so students may be requested to provide documentation if: 

  • Documentation would help the student and AR staff identify barriers and workable solutions for accommodations 
  • Documentation would make the connection between the academic environment and the disability that is not readily apparent through the student’s narrative 

We can accept documentation from a variety of sources including; IEPs, 504 Plans, psychological evaluations, medical records and letters provided by qualified medical professionals. The Good-to-Go documentation checker may help in determining if your documentation is sufficient.

Students may also request their medical professional complete a Medical Professional Disability Verification Form.

Step 2: Student Intake

Once students have submitted their application, and uploaded any relevant documentation or additional paperwork, they will receive an email regarding the status of their application within 5 business days. This email will have instructions on how to schedule their intake meeting.  The intake meeting takes place with an Accommodation Coordinator (AC) and is a time when the student and AC discuss the impact of the disability within the academic setting and determine what accommodations are reasonable and appropriate to alleviate/eliminate them. During the intake reasonable accommodations will be determined and registration will be complete. Intake meetings are taking place remotely due to staff working from home during this time and may occur via phone, Teams, WebEx or Zoom platforms.