Fall 2020 Students:
Housing accommodation requests for incoming freshmen and transfer students starting Fall 2020 will be accepted starting the week of May 4, 2020. Any applications submitted before May 4 will not be reviewed. To ensure that your application for Fall is reviewed at the appropriate time, please submit after May 4.
The University of Cincinnati recognizes that students with disabilities may require a housing accommodation to fully participate in the residential component of the university experience. Accessibility Resources actively works with Housing to provide housing accommodations within University managed properties in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA). Specific housing accommodations due to disability must be identified by a qualified professional and approved through Accessibility Resources.
Examples of Accessibility Resources considerations include:
- Is the accommodation request an integral part of the treatment plan for the disability?
- Are there other effective means that would achieve similar benefits as the requested accommodation?
- is the impact of the condition life-threatening if the request is not met?
- Is space available to meet the student's request?
A diagnosis or medical provider recommendation alone does not guarantee the request will be approved. The Accessibility Resources staff considers the nature of the condition’s symptoms and all available accommodations and supports when making final decisions and recommendations.
Students who wish to request housing accommodations due to a disability must:
- Apply for housing. Students can visit Housing's website to apply.
- Complete a Student Housing Accommodation Request Form
- Provide verification of disability with a complete Housing Accommodation Medical Professional Form. It is the student's responsibility to provide this form to their qualified medical professional for completion and to upload it to their application for accommodations.
Accessibility Resources staff will review each request for accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Incomplete Student Housing Accommodation Application Forms or applications submitted without the Housing Accommodation Medical Provider Forms cannot be reviewed.
Official decisions regarding housing accommodations or requests for additional information will be communicated via the student’s official UC email address only.