Prepare for Commencement
All graduating students MUST apply for graduation to receive their diploma and become official University of Cincinnati graduates. During the graduation application process, you will indicate whether or not you intend to participate in the Commencement ceremony.
Students should meet with their advisor before completing the application to ensure eligibility for graduation. All applications for graduation are handled by the Office of the Registar. You can find more information by visiting their Apply to Graduate page.
Graduating students who would like to have international guests attend the Commencement ceremony can request a graduation invitation letter from UC International, through iBearcatsGlobal.
If you have any questions please contact UC International.
Each graduating student who RSVP's to participate in Commencement has the opportunity to request guest tickets by the ticket claim deadline. If you need more tickets, you may also submit to be added to a waitlist for additional tickets. Please only request the tickets that you need.
Guest tickets must be claimed through our online ticket portal. Graduating students do not need a ticket for their ceremony. Graduates are emailed a link and password to claim guest tickets following these steps:
1. Click the link and select the “Login/Register” button in the top right corner.
2. Enter your UC e-mail address in the first box (envelope icon).
3. Enter your temporary password in the second box (lock icon). (This information is emailed to you from the Commencement Office.) Once entered, click “Log in.”
4. You are not required to complete the Edit Profile section. You can go directly into the ticket site by clicking on the “Home” button.
5. Click “Get Tickets” on the ceremony that appears when you log in.
6. Enter the number of tickets. Click “Select Seats.”
7. If you do not need all your tickets, you can select the “Ticket Donation” option to donate your unneeded tickets. If you donate tickets back, you will NOT be able to claim them later.
8. Make sure “No” is selected in the Customer Information box to receive email updates. This feature is not active.
9. Do not select to “Opt in for text message notifications.” This feature is not active.
10. Click “Checkout.”
11. Order Details: You are now able to send the ticket(s) to your guest(s) or download them yourself. Choose “Download this PDF Ticket” to download and print the ticket. Choose “Send this Mobile Ticket” to send a ticket to your guest via mobile device. Print your tickets. We strongly encourage guests to bring a printed copy of their ticket with them to be scanned when they enter Fifth Third Arena. Each ticket has a unique code which allows entry into the ceremony only once. If there are multiple copies made, the first copy of the ticket to arrive at the ceremony will gain entry after scanning and validation. All other copies of that ticket will be denied entry.
12. You will receive an email confirmation of your ticket reservation. You can access your tickets at any time in “Your Orders” under you name at the top of the site.
All graduating students must wear regalia at the ceremony.
- Bachelor's and Associate's graduates may purchase regalia at UC Bookstores (TUC, UC Blue Ash, UC Clermont) or online. Regalia will be available in stores and online beginning May 26. Online ordering will be available through July 27.
- Master's graduates may purchase regalia at the TUC Bookstore or online. Regalia will be available in stores and online beginning May 24. Online ordering will be available through June 29.
- Doctoral graduates can find information on regalia from the Graduate College.
Graduates with questions about student accessibility and accommodations should contact the Commencement Office by email at least two weeks prior to the ceremony.
Day of Ceremony
To maximize your experience at the ceremony, we encourage you to leave belongings at home or with your guests. However, graduates are allowed to bring one clear bag – either a one-gallon Ziploc-style bag or a clear bag tote (no larger than 12"x6"x12") and a small clutch bag or wallet that is roughly the size of a hand (no larger than 4.5"x6.5") into Fifth Third Arena. A full list of approved and non-approved bags can be found here.
The program for Summer 2023 Commencement will be posted on our home page on the day of your ceremony.