Prepare for Commencement
All graduating students MUST apply for graduation to receive their diploma and become official University of Cincinnati graduates. During the graduation application process, you will indicate whether or not you intend to participate in the Commencement ceremony.
Students should meet with their advisor before completing the application to ensure eligibility for graduation. All applications for graduation are handled by the Office of the Registar. You can find more information by visiting their Apply to Graduate page.
Each graduating student who RSVP's to participate in Commencement has the opportunity to request guest tickets by the ticket claim deadline. If you need more tickets, you may also submit to be added to a waitlist for additional tickets. Please only request the tickets that you need.
Guest tickets must be claimed through our online ticket portal. Graduating students do not need a ticket for their ceremony. Graduates are emailed a link to claim guest tickets following these steps:
1. Click the link and select the “Login/Register” button in the top right corner.
2. Click "Forgot Password."
3. Enter your UC email address in the box with the envelope icon.
4. Click "Send Password Reset Email."
5. Check your UC email inbox for a message from "firstname.lastname@example.org" and follow the instructions to finish resetting your password. (Make sure to check your spam/junk folder if you don't see the email in your inbox. Please allow up to 15 minutes for the email to arrive.)
6. Click “Get Tickets” on your ceremony.
7. Enter the number of tickets. Click “Select Seats.”
8. If you do not need all your tickets, you can select the “Ticket Donation” option to donate your unneeded tickets. If you donate tickets back, you will NOT be able to claim them later.
9. Make sure “No” is selected in the Customer Information box to receive email updates. This feature is not active.
10. Do not select to “Opt in for text message notifications.” This feature is not active.
11. Click “Checkout.”
12. Order Details: You are now able to send the ticket(s) to your guest(s) or download them yourself. Choose “Download this PDF Ticket” to download and print the ticket. Choose “Send this Mobile Ticket” to send a ticket to your guest via mobile device. Print your tickets. We strongly encourage guests to bring a printed copy of their ticket with them to be scanned when they enter Fifth Third Arena. Each ticket has a unique code which allows entry into the ceremony only once. If there are multiple copies made, the first copy of the ticket to arrive at the ceremony will gain entry after scanning and validation. All other copies of that ticket will be denied entry.
13. You will receive an email confirmation of your ticket reservation. You can access your tickets at any time in “Your Orders” under your name at the top of the site.
All graduating students must wear regalia at the ceremony.
- Associate and Bachelor's graduates may purchase regalia at UC Bookstores (TUC, UC Blue Ash, UC Clermont) or online. Online ordering is available through November 30.
- Master's graduates may purchase regalia at the TUC Bookstore or online. Online ordering is available through November 2.
- Doctoral graduates can find information on purchasing regalia from the Graduate College.