Student Affairs advocates for and meets students' diverse needs by providing innovative co-curricular experiences that enhance well-being, foster life and academic skill development, engender responsibility and grow leadership capability.
Vice President's Welcome
On behalf of the Division of Student Affairs, welcome to UC! Student Affairs is committed to your well-being and success both inside and outside the classroom. Our staff work hard to provide services and programs to enhance your success and create a vibrant, supportive learning community where you can develop and thrive.
Our division is comprised of over 20 departments that support and enhance your journey at UC. We encourage you to learn more about these resources, visit our offices, get to know us, and reach out for help when you need it! If you are unable to identify an office that can support your need or concern, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-556-4119. We are here to help!
Debra Spotts Merchant, JD
Vice President of Student Affairs
- Accessibility Resources
- African American Cultural & Resource Center (AACRC)
- Bearcat Bands
- Center for Community Engagement
- Cincinnati Pride Grant
- Counseling & Psychological Services
- Ethnic Programs & Services (EPS)
- Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Gen-1 Theme House
- LGBTQ Center
- McNair Scholars
- Parent & Family Programs
- Resident Education & Development (RED)
- Student Activities and Leadership Development
- Student Conduct & Community Standards
- Student Wellness Center
- Testing Services
- Veterans Programs & Services (VPS)
- Women's Center
- Accessible Culture of Academic Success: Services and programs are intentionally designed to support and promote a culture of academic success for all students. Students who participate in academic support services will acheive academic success, be retained, and graduate.
- Holistic Development of Students: Leadership and educational programs are focused on the holistic development of student participants. Students will discover and define their personal value and goals, and identify how those will be realized at UC and beyond.
- Intentional Student Advocacy: Intentional student advocacy programs educate and develop a UC community that is inclusive and affirming. Students experiencing consistent inclusion and respect throughout campus are empowered to fully engage with the UC community.
- Engaging Relationships and Experiences: Programs and experiences will provide students a safe space to engage with members of the UC community who can support their continued development and success. Students will cultivate relationships and have experiences that create bonds and support their retention and success at UC.
- Strategic Student Affairs Presence: Create a vibrant, student centered, on-campus and virtual divisional presence
- Enhanced Capacity to Serve: Enhance the division's capacity to meet the needs of an evolving and growing student body
- Inclusive Campus Culture: Lead the development of a culture in which all students are empowered to thrive
- Student-First Communication: Improve student-centered critical decision making and response protocols, processes and practices
During regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm), call us at 513-556-4119 or visit us in Steger Student Life Center, Suite 630.
In Case of Emergency
Please call the 24-Hour Consultation Crisis Helpline at 513-556-0648. Additional resources for students in crisis are available on the Counseling & Psychological Services website.