Both locally and globally, Urban Futures is focused on partnering to overcome barriers and apply innovative, scalable solutions to the challenges that urbanization poses. UC researchers are working with external partners to accelerate economic growth and socio-economic mobility to create a better future for all.
Shaping Tomorrow Through Urban Futures
- Create an environment for team-based research focuses on problems of societal impartance.
- Enhance UC's research and scholarly activities that address urbanization.
- Advance UC's role in regional economic development and social innovation.
This work will come to live through these emerging initiatives:
- Digital Futures: focuses on technology-forward solutions to global problems
- UC Urban Ethics Center: focuses on ensuring research conducted with the community and our public and private industry partners is safe, fair and dignified.
- UC Urban Futures Institute: focuses on collaborative impact and collective change, and participatory research aimed at working with and within our community to make Cincinnati a better place to live, work, learn and play.