James M. Morand Memorial Brass Scholarship
- UC Bearcat Marching Band brass player that will be returning in the upcoming fall semester who most exemplifies the spirit of 1) dedication, 2) warmth, 3) selfless giving, and 4) teamwork which characterized the life of Dr. Morand and his life-long support of the UC Band
- Dr. James M. Morand was a 1960 civil engineering graduate and avid supporter of the UC Bearcat Bands program. Both he and his wife, Diane, have shared their generosity with the university through art preservation projects and scholarships. He was a professor emeritus of civil and environmental engineering at the time of his death in 2002, after which several alumni paid tribute to him through memorial gifts to the band.
- (S)he might best be described as an “unsung hero” and friend to all, dedicated to the greater good of the band, and someone who goes about the tasks at hand with cheerful dependability without ever expecting, or seeking, acknowledgement or accolades
- Selection Process
- Annual spring semester application; selected by the Director of Bands in consultation with the band staff
- Yes, as long as the student maintains the required scholarship recipient criteria