The application for University Housing and other related deadlines follow a cycle each year. In  addition, there are Frequently Asked Questions about the application process, Terms and Conditions of the Housing Agreement, Meal Plan information, Room and Board Rates, and information for Parents and Families.

Room and apartment types and sizes vary by location. Information can be found on the hall or community pages under Communities. Additional information about topics such as swapping your room, lofting beds, how to place a maintenance request, and more can be found on the Room Information page.

Work Order Process by Location

Campus Core Properties

Students at most Campus Core properties will submit requests for work orders at facilitiesrequest.uc.eduStudents must be connected to the UC network to submit work orders. 

Residents in the following communities should use this site to submit requests:

  • Bellevue Gardens
  • Calhoun Hall
  • CRC Hall 
  • Dabney Hall 
  • Daniels Hall 
  • Morgens Hall
  • Marian Spencer Hall 
  • Schneider Hall 
  • Scioto Hall
  • Siddall Hall 
  • Stratford Heights
  • Turner Halls.

It is important that you report all your maintenance needs so that we can track these requests and ensure they are resolved in a timely manner. You should include as much information in your request as possible. We highly encourage you to include photo attachments to work orders.

You will receive periodic communication regarding your work order. Examples include when a work order is opened, closed, or when the staff needs more information about a request. 

Emergency work orders
If a reported issue becomes emergent, or has exceeded 48 hours without a maintenance response, residents are encouraged to reach out to their RA/DA, indicating they have already submitted a maintenance request, and should include their work order receipt number. Hall staff will elevate the request for a timeline update and respond to residents directly. Students should not submit another work order for a previously reported issues

For after-hours maintenance emergencies
Please contact RA on-call. On-call numbers are posted at Service Centers, on exterior doors, and throughout the hall.

101 E Corry, The Eden, & Jefferson House

Residents may submit maintenance request directly via the tenant portal.

The Deacon

Residents of The Deacon may submit maintenance request directly via the tenant portal.


UPA residents may submit maintenance request directly via the housing portal.

All Other Properties

Work with your RA or visit the property service center desk for maintenance concerns.

Response Time

Depending on the nature of your work order, response time may vary. Please allow between 2-7 business days for your order to be addressed. For example, requests for lock changes will receive the quickest response. If your request involves ordering materials, that may extend response time. 

If your request has not been addressed in the 2-7 business-day timeframe, please send an email to In that email, please include the following information:

  • Your work order request
  • The date you made the initial request
  • Who you made the initial request to (RA, front desk, or other)

Contacts for local property managers are available on our Housing Search Tools page.

University Housing has partnered with College Cable Services, Inc. and Philo Edu to provide cable television services in the residence halls. Our enhanced services let you watch TV on your computer, TV w/digital (QAM*) tuner, or mobile devices from anywhere in your residence hall or across campus while on the UC Secure Network.

Safety and security are a shared responsibility between the staff and the residents of the communities. Find out about UC Public Safety, safety tips and fire safety on our Safety page.  

Please use the General Incident Reporting Form to report potential violations of the Student Code of Conduct or Homepages.

Use the Title IX Reporting Form for reporting potential violations around sex-based discrimination/harassment and sexual violation.

Sending Packages to Students

  • Call to let your student know a package is en route.
  • Always mark your items with your return address and mail them so that the return address and postmark are consistent.
  • Address the package properly for Bearcats Package Center as required. See Residence Community Addresses.

[Your Full Name], [Your Central Login]*
Bearcats Package Center
2715 Bearcat Way
Cincinnati, OH 45219-3539

*To ensure efficient processing of your package, use your full name with middle inital as registered in Catalyst AND include your UC user ID - Central Login (the letters/numbers preceding

Amazon Purchases

Amazon orders must be shipped to Bearcats Package Center for required halls, or to the Amazon store. Amazon will not deliver to on-campus residence halls.

Students in other locations may choose to ship to the Amazon Store on Calhoun St. in USquare at the Loop.

  • 241 Calhoun St., Cincinnati, OH  45219
  • Phone: 888-280-4331

Mail Delivery

Mail is delivered and distributed once per day to the students’ locked mailboxes, Monday through Saturday.

For special delivery items (registered mail, postage-due, express mail, telegrams, flowers, balloons, etc.), students receive a written notice in the mailbox and must present their UC ID to retrieve the item during posted pick-up hours.

Mail Forwarding

Mail is held at the hall office during break periods and is not forwarded.

Mail (not including bulk rate items) is forwarded during summer semester, if the student moves to another residence hall, if the student is released from the housing agreement, or if the student leaves the university. Students are responsible for leaving a proper forwarding address and are encouraged to fill out a forwarding card with the US Postal Service.

Missing Items

If your student is missing mail or packages, start by having a trace put on the items by the sender at the point of origin.

If the trace indicates the item reached the university and the student has not received it, she or he should file a report with University Police by calling 556-1111. He or she should also file an incident report with the Residence Coordinator (RC) at the front office of the residence hall.

Whether you live on or near campus, there are many transportation options available. UC's Shuttle system provides routes for the Uptown campuses and neighborhoods, as well as Blue Ash and 1819. Parking on campus is available with a permit.

NightRide is a free service provided by Public Safety, pr uc sustainability page lists on-campus, in town and inter-city transportation options ovides added safety during nighttime hours.

Additional transportation options are outlined on the UC Sustainability page.

Read about the latest information about immunization requirements from the Department of University Health Services. Their website includes frequently asked questions, how to make an appointment for treatment, plus information for Parents and Families.

Visit the Policies page for information about residential requirements, gender inclusive housing, smoking, non-discrimination and more.  

Learn about co-op and University Housing policies and procedures, as well as how Resident Advisors are affected by co-op rotations.