Fulbright UK Summer Institutes Info Session
NCA Learning Series 2021-2022
Tuesday, January 11 @ 12:30PM via Zoom
The Fulbright UK Summer Institutes are three or four week programs for US undergraduate students. Participants can explore the culture, heritage and history of the UK while experiencing higher education at a UK university. There are several UK Summer Institutes available every year. Each Institute is hosted by a different university, and each focuses on a specific historical or cultural context, or a subject or topic. You do not need to be familiar with these to apply and are encouraged to explore your interests.
The Institute costs covered by the Fulbright Commission and its partner institutions include:
- Roundtrip US-UK airfare
- Tuition and fees at the host institution
- In some cases, a small daily allowance for meals
NCA Director Dr. Jenny Hyest will discuss award eligibility and benefits, application tips, and the application processes.
Eligibility: To apply, you must:
- Be a US citizen and possess a US passport
- Have had little or no study/travel outside of the US or North America
- Applicants who have spent more than four weeks outside of the US/North America in the last five years would not be eligible. Applicants who have spent up to four weeks outside the US/North America in the last five years may be at a disadvantage, but strong applications will be considered.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.7
- Be at least 18 years old by the start of the programme
- Be able to participate in the programme in its entirety
- Have at least two years of undergraduate study remaining after the Institute finishes
- Please refer to the UK Summer Institutes website for a more detailed list of the eligibility criteria.