Semester Conversion: Join Us on Facebook, Follow Us on Twitter
The University of Cincinnati continues preparations for semester conversion. New information is continually added to the Semester Conversion Web site, and now semester conversion updates are available via Facebook and Twitter.
Date: 3/31/2010 12:00:00 AM
By: M.B. Reilly
Phone: (513) 556-1824
The first day of the University of Cincinnati’s new semester calendar – Aug. 27, 2012 – is more than two years away.
But preparations are ongoing, and you can now find information related to semester conversion on Facebook and Twitter. Web users need not join Facebook or Twitter to view these pages.
NEW OFFERINGS ON UC’S SEMESTER CONVERSION WEBSITE
All the information found on Facebook and Twitter is also on UC’s Semester Conversion Web site
. The Web site serves as a “one stop” for information related to semester conversion. The site is continually updated and recent additions include
- Course sequence completion information for students who want to use the remaining summer quarters in 2010, 2011 and 2012 to accelerate completion of sequenced courses.
- A short 48-second video of the discussions from the co-op Industry Symposium on Feb. 10, 2010. The symposium provided a forum for UC co-op employers to offer feedback on the co-op program and to ask questions about the semester conversion process.
MORE INFORMATION ON UC SEMESTER CONVERSION
- Curricular revisions. UC faculty in every department and college are currently working on redesigning programs and quarter courses to cohesively fit into a semester calendar. The bulk of this work will be complete by fall 2010.
- Encoding and cataloging the new semester curriculum. This phase will be complete by September 2011.
- Student advising. All transition students will be encouraged to meet with an advisor to create a plan that, when followed, will keep students on track to graduate without delay. This phase will take place from September 2011 to August 2012.