Upcoming workshops and religious observances can be found on the UC Inclusion calendar below.
NOTE: Holidays marked with an asterisk (*) have been designated non-work days by the religions that celebrate them.
Anti-Harassment/Non-Discrimination Seminar Level 1 (OEOA)
Facilitators: Brandon Craig and Tracey Johnson
This 90 minutes seminar, facilitated by the Office of Equal Opportunity & Access, provides foundational information on University of Cincinnati policy, expectations, and procedures for ensuring equity and inclusion across the campus community. Presenters will discuss best practices for culturally aware campus engagement, individual and institutional responsibilities in the prevention and remediation of prohibited conduct, and campus resources administering institutional nondiscrimination and anti-harassment policy. Designed to facilitate dialogue and participant engagement, this session discusses efforts by the University to prevent and remediate prohibited conduct, providing strategies for building and maintaining inclusive living, learning, and working environments at UC.
- January 14, 2020, 9:30-11:00 a.m., Langsam Library: Faculty Enrichment Center FEC0540 G
Introduction to Office of Gender Equity & Inclusion (OGEI)
Facilitator: Ashely McWhorter
This presentation, facilitated by the Office of Gender Equity & Inclusion, will introduce the office formally known as Title IX. Participants will meet the staff; gain an understanding of the new mission of the office, and a get a refresher on the university’s commitment to respond to harassment and/ or discrimination.
- January 15, 2020, 10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m., TUC Room 415
Inclusion Advocacy in Support of Equitable Hiring Processes
Facilitator: Matthew Olovson
This 90 minutes seminar, facilitated by the Office of Equal Opportunity & Access, is designed to empower and engage the UC community in efforts ensuring equal employment opportunity and good faith, affirmative action practices diversifying the University workforce. Providing attendees with foundational policy information and compliance requirements, this session prepares search committee members, hiring units, and leadership to recruit strategically, equitably assess validated qualifications, structure fair hiring processes and champion workforce diversity across the organization. This program is designed to supplement, not replace, OEOA search committee consultations, particularly for individuals desiring to better advocate for inclusive employment practices at UC.
- January 24, 2020, 1:30 p.m.-3:00 p.m., University Hall Room 310
- Shinto: Traditionally, the Shintos visit the shrines, mostly at midnight and pray for the renewal of their heart, prosperity and health in the year to come. It is also common to visit close friends and family to express good wishes. During this time people wear their finest clothes as well.
- January 1, 2020
- Interfaith/African-American: Weeklong celebration honoring African heritage in African-American culture
- December 26, 2019- January 1, 2020
Feast of the Nativity
- Orthodox Christian: Christian celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. Observed by prayers, exchanging of gifts, and family parties.
- January 7, 2020
Spring Semester Classes Start
- January 13, 2020
To add events to our calendar, email email@example.com.