UC awards early career research support
Office of Research announces inaugural class of URC faculty scholars
University of Cincinnati's Office of Research has announced the inaugural class of University Research Council (URC) Faculty Scholars Research Awards.
URC was established in 1971 as an internal funding program. The new awards program invests in early career faculty selected based on the quality, novelty and impact of their research, scholarship and creative activity.
The eight faculty members who will each receive $25,000 awards include:
- Assistant Professor Sunnie Rucker-Chang, College of Arts & Sciences, Department of German Studies
- Assistant Professor Rebecca Wingo, College of Arts & Sciences, Department of History
- Assistant Professor Victoria McKenna, College of Allied Health Science, Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders; College of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Assistant Professor Meghan Morris, College of Law/Affiliate Faculty, Department of Anthropology
- Assistant Professor Nalinikanth Kotagiri, College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Assistant Professor Katherine Vest, College of Medicine, Molecular Genetics, Biochemistry and Microbiology
- Assistant Professor Patrick Ray, College of Engineering and Applied Science, Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering
- Assistant Professor Pietro Strobbia, College of Arts & Sciences, Department of Chemistry.
Read more about the winning faculty researchers and see the full announcement from the UC Office of Research here.
UC Foundation Board of Trustees elects six new members
May 11, 2021
The University of Cincinnati Foundation Board of Trustees has elected six new trustees to its 52-member board: Paul D. Green, BBA ’90; Lourdes J. Harshe, BBA ’92; Anndréa M. Moore, BBA’10; Arun C. Murthy, BBA ’95; Kirk L. Perry, BBA ’90, HON ‘15; and Christopher J. Van Pelt, BA ’91, MA ’93.
Grammy Award-winning singer Elliot Madore joins CCM’s faculty
May 10, 2021
UC College-Conservatory of Music Dean Stanley E. Romanstein has announced the addition of accomplished baritone Elliot Madore to the college’s roster of distinguished performing and media arts faculty members. One of the most sought-after singers of his generation, Madore has performed throughout Europe, Canada and the US. His new appointment as Associate Professor of Voice at CCM begins on Aug. 15, 2021.
Cincinnati Enquirer: Black doctors urge residents to vaccinate...
May 7, 2021
In Ohio, 43 percent of the total population has started the COVID-19 vaccination, but just 23 percent of Black residents have gotten at least one shot. Hamilton County closely mirrors the state’s pace. A group of black physicians, including two University of Cincinnati faculty, have signed an open letter to the Greater Cincinnati Black community urging members to complete the COVID-19 vaccination.