UC Safety Alert: Oct. 17, 2021
Oct. 17, 2021
Dear UC Community,
Please be aware that on Oct. 17, 2021, a student reported a sexual assault to UCPD. The offense occurred on Oct. 14, 2021, in Marian Spencer Hall. The victim and the suspect are known to one another. UCPD is investigating the incidents.
Sexual assault includes sexual conduct or contact, as well as other activity of a sexual nature, without the consent of the other person or when knowing the other person is unable to consent. Sexual assault can range from voyeurism and public indecency to rape. Consent is informed, freely given, mutual and can be withdrawn at any time. More information on consent is available on the UC Office of Gender Equity & Inclusion’s website.
If you or someone you know is a victim of a gender-based or sexual assault crime and do not want to file a police report, you can make a report with Title IX. For campus and community gender-based and sexual assault support services, visit the Office of Gender Equity & Inclusion’s website.
Important Safety Tips:
Responsibility for sexual assault lies with the perpetrators, not the survivor. Most offenders assault someone they know. No one deserves, asks for, or provokes sexual assault. The following suggestions may help reduce the possibility of experiencing such a crime, or may improve opportunities to receive prompt assistance.
- If you see something, say something. It’s on all of us to keep campus safe. Information on bystander intervention is available on the Student Wellness Center’s website.
- If you observe suspicious activity, or are a victim of a crime, call 911.
- Trust your instincts. If you feel unsafe, get to a safe place and call for help.
- NightRide is a free evening shuttle, call 513-556-RIDE.
- Download the Bearcat Guardian app for additional resources. The app is available for free on the App Store or Google Play. Search “Rave Guardian.”
In a non-emergency situation you can reach UCPD at 513-556-1111 or Cincinnati Police at 513-765-1212. For more information about UC’s safety resources, including the Bearcat Guardian app, visit the Public Safety website.
James L. Whalen
Director of Public Safety and Chief of Police
Local Information: Nov. 29, 2021
November 30, 2021
On Nov. 29, 2021, police responded to the 3400 block of Teldford Street for a burglary report.
UC Alert: Nov. 26, 2021
November 27, 2021
On Nov. 26, 2021, UC Public Safety sent out the below alerts.
Local Information: Nov. 24, 2021
November 25, 2021
On Nov. 24, 2021, police responded to the 2500 block of Vestry Avenue for a burglary report.