Local media highlight UC's Bicentennial and Homecoming
Nov. 9 marked UC's 200th anniversary and Homecoming parade, game and events
Saturday, Nov. 9, marked 200 years to the day that the first classes were held at the University of Cincinnati. This past weekend, UC concluded a yearlong Bicentennial celebration, coinciding with Homecoming. Thousands joined in the festivities of the Bicentennial Bash, Homecoming Parade and football game and other events around campus — and local media were on hand to capture the excitement.
- Cincinnati Enquirer: University of Cincinnati Homecoming Parade 2019
- Local 12: UC to celebrate homecoming with bicentennial bash
- WCPO: Meet Lucille the baby bearcat, UC’s adorable live mascot
- CityBeat: Everything We Saw at University of Cincinnati’s Homecoming 200th Anniversary Parade
- Cincinnati Enquirer: University of Cincinnati alum and World Series champ Kevin Youkilis to lead homecoming parade
UC Clermont women’s basketball wins national championship
March 23, 2023
The UC Clermont women’s basketball team has claimed the 2023 Small College Division II National Championship for the United States Collegiate Athletic Association.
How to prevent concussions in football? Better helmets
March 6, 2023
Football helmets made by four leading manufacturers showed vulnerabilities in tests designed to better understand player concussions, according to a study by the University of CIncinnati.
Zach Segal perfects his pitch on the mound and in the classroom
February 27, 2023
As a marketing student in the Carl H. Lindner College of Business and a pitcher for the University of Cincinnati baseball team, Zach Segal, BBA '23, knows what makes a good sales pitch. Soon after the NCAA updated its name, image and likeness (NIL) policy, Segal began to perfect his elevator speech and use it to make business connections in the community.