U.S. News Ranking Positions Cincinnati College of Law Within Top 50 Public Law Schools in the Nation
The U.S. News & World Report has ranked Cincinnati Law #60 in the nation, up 22 places from last year.
Jennifer S. Bard, Dean and Nippert Professor of Law, remarked We are very pleased by all the external recognition we received this year for producing meaningful outcomes. This includes specific programs such as our clinics, centers and other community collaborations. The U.S. News & World Report ranking reflects our high employment and bar passage rates as well as increased score in peer assessment. It is well deserved and due to the hard work of our faculty, staff, students and alumni.
Mina Jones Jefferson, Senior Assistant Dean and Director of the Center for Professional Development, elaborated on last years 13 percent increase in employment. For the Class of 2014, 88 percent found employment within 10 months of graduation, a placement above both state and national averages and we are on target to do just as well with the Class of 2015.
Dean Bard further stated These outcomes, combined with the high quality legal education our faculty and staff offers students, the strength of our first class research university, and the success and commitment of our wonderful alumni explain why Cincinnati Law is consistently recognized as an A level Best Value law school.
The U.S. News ranking follows recent recognition by several similar publications that have assessed the strong Cincinnati Law program:
- 3rd in the Nation for Prosecutor and Public Defender Careers. (preLaw magazine, Winter edition)
- Among the Top 20 Schools for Law Students Interested in Prosecutorial/Public Defender Work. (National Jurist magazine)
- Top 30 School for Super Lawyers. The college, which came in at 28* in the nation, had 13.1 percent of its alumni being considered a Super Lawyer. (*National Jurist Fall 2015 edition).
- 40th in the Nation and 10th in the Midwest for JD-Required Positions. (ChicagoINNO)
- Among the top 50 Law Schools in the Country for Sending Graduates to the top 250 Law Firms. (National Law Journal)
- Top School for Practical Training. Named to the 2016 honor roll for Best School for Practical Training (National Jurist magazine). Ranked a top law school for practical training (National Jurist magazine, 2015 and 2014)
Best Value Law School Ranking. Named a Best Value Law School for the third year and second consecutive year, respectively. (National Jurist and preLaw magazines)