June 7 Community Forum to Provide Update Regarding Reform Efforts of UC Police
The University of Cincinnatis Office of Safety and Reform and Department of Public Safety are hosting a community forum from
6-7:30 p.m., on
Tuesday, June 7,
at the Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center, to provide an update regarding Exigers comprehensive review of the UC Police Department (UCPD).
The university, in partnership with the Safety and Reform Community Advisory Council, hired Exiger in February to conduct a top-to-bottom review of the UCPD, including an assessment of all policies, procedures, practices and training.
June 7 Community Forum panel participants include
- Robin Engel, UC vice president for safety and reform
- S. Gregory Baker, UC director of police community relations
- Jeff Schlanger, Exiger team lead, former deputy primary monitor for the Los Angeles Police Department consent decree
- Roberto Villaseñor, Exiger, nationally recognized as innovative leader and progressive administrator, retired chief of police, Tucson Police Department
- John Thomas, Exiger, USC chief of police, spent 21 years with Los Angeles Police Department
- Beth Corriea, Exiger, former Los Angeles Police Department risk manager and Los Angeles city attorney
- Mark Porter, Exiger, Brown University chief of police, 25 years of law enforcement experience in higher education
Exiger has utilized a diverse 12-member team of policing experts to conduct its review of the UCPD. The team, led by Jeff Schlanger, also includes Charles Ramsey, former Philadelphia police commissioner, and co-chair of President Obamas Task Force on 21st Century Policing.
As identified by the universitys Request for Proposal (RFP), Exiger has been asked to:
- Conduct a detailed audit to provide a full understanding of the challenges that face UCPD.
- Develop a strategic and tactical approach to remediate identified issues.
- Recommend new or enhanced policies and procedures.
- Provide a road map to implement proposed changes and best practices to insure sustainability over time.
For more information visit www.uc.edu/safety-reform.
WVXU: UC professor offers scientific take on UFO sightings
June 17, 2021
Cincinnati Edition talks to University of Cincinnati assistant professor Daniel Cuppoletti about reports of unidentified aerial phenomena in the night skies.
Alumnus helps build foundations for the future of construction
June 17, 2021
University of Cincinnati alumnus Steve Eder (Construction Management, '79) received the Engineering Technology Award of Distinction from the UC Alumni Association.
Bloomberg Law: Landmark LGBT ruling has expansive reach at work...
June 17, 2021
Sandra Sperino, professor at the UC College of Law, is featured as a source in an article in Bloomberg Law on the impact over the past year of a landmark ruling from the United States Supreme Court which expanded LGBT worker rights.