Attend Open Consultation Days for End-of-Semester Tech Assistance
As the semester comes to an end, the Center for Excellence in eLearning (CEeL) will host Open Consultation Days Dec. 11-13 to offer walk-in availability for faculty needing assistance with Canopy tools.
These Open Consultation Days will offer the opportunity for one-on-one assistance from instructional technologists, instructional designers and support specialists on a walk-in basis. Consultants will be available to answer questions and offer walk-through guidance for Canopy tools like Blackboard, Kaltura and Echo360.
- Transferring final grades from Blackboard to Catalyst.
- Archiving fall courses, backing up the Grade Center and copying content from one term to another.
- Building dynamic, inclusive and effective learner-centric courses.
- Preparing the Grade Center for spring semester (e.g., configuring weighted grades, creating Smart Views and setting up retention center rules.)
- Assigning, collecting and grading assignments from any web browser or the Bb Grader app.
- Building tests and surveys and evaluating question quality and efficacy using Item Analysis.
- Creating and using rubrics, discussion boards, blogs, wikis and groups.
- Producing captivating video with Kalturas CaptureSpace.
- Engaging students with Echo360 lecture capture.
- Using WebEx to create meaningful distance learning experiences.
- Creating universally accessible course content, such as captioned video and appropriately tagged documents.
Open Consultation Days will take place on Monday, Dec. 11, through Wednesday, Dec. 13, from noon to 4 p.m. on the fifth floor of Langsam Library.
Unable to make it to campus? Do you have questions about the December Blackboard upgrade or do you need in-depth assistance with Canopy tools? Schedule an appointment and consult virtually with a 24/7 Canopy Support representative during Open Consultation Days!
For additional eLearning tech support resources, follow the IT@UC 1-2-3 Suport Guide:
- Access the IT@UC Knowledge Base (KB) at kb.uc.edu
- Call/Chat with 24/7 Canopy Support
- Call the IT@UC HelpDesk