Be Well UC, UC’s employee wellness program, turns 5
This month marks the fifth anniversary for Be Well UC — join the celebration
Be Well UC is the university’s employee wellness program with a mission to educate, support and empower faculty and staff to make healthy lifestyle choices while building a culture of well-being for our university and community.
The program provides a variety of resources to support the well-being of our employees, including educational sessions and events, health coaching, challenges, incentives and an online portal, and more.
Be Well UC is available to partner with you to help you succeed and improve your health and well-being. I encourage you to take advantage of this voluntary program made available to you as a UC faculty or staff member. Individuals enrolled in a UC medical plan are eligible to earn program incentives. Make time to keep yourself well!
President Neville Pinto
Join us and celebrate
To commemorate the launch of Be Well UC in August 2015, celebrate with a variety of festivities!
- Share your story – we want to learn about your wellness wins, big or small! Be featured on NEW Bearcats Landing site if you’d like too!
- Challenge yourself and co-workers with some friendly competition! New Choose Your Own Challenges, like Take 5, Be the Change Bingo, and Connect with Community, will be released throughout the month on the Challenges page. Plus, log for 10 Be Well UC points each (up to 100)!
- Explore the Be Well UC site on the Bearcats Landing intranet! New, improved and user-friendly!
- Mark your calendar for the next challenge, Better Together, for Oct. 12-Nov. 20, and the annual Be the Change event on Oct. 15! The Be the Change event will be held virtually via WebEx and will offer several educational, interactive sessions.
- Take a break with the virtual Take 5 kits. Giving yourself microbreaks throughout your work day can improve your productivity and focus.
- Tune in with events and programs when it works best for you. All are welcome and all eligible can log for Be Well UC points.
- Request a Work Well session for your team. These are tailored presentations and/or discussions based on your unit’s interests on health and wellness topics.
- Schedule a 1:1 Health Coaching call to make progress on your wellness goals (25 Be Well UC points per call, up to 100!). Calls are free to all faculty and staff, personalized and confidential.
- Join the team – become a wellness ambassador! Our goal is to have one for each department. Help us get there!
- Keep earning – it’s not too late to get started and earn up to $250 wellness dollars this year. Get started in the Alyfe portal today!
Stay in the know
Don’t miss out on the latest updates and news! Join the listserv sent no more than twice a month via email. Email email@example.com to join today.
Reach out to the Be Well UC, your employee wellness program, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two hospital stints give rise to passion for UC nursing grad
May 13, 2022
UC College of Nursing's David Moskowitz found his passion for nursing after two stints at Cincinnati Children's.
Parade: Fidget toys can be coping tools for depression and...
May 11, 2022
The University of Cincinnati's Shana Feibel was featured in a Parade article about the benefits of fidget toys to cope with anxiety and depression.
Scientific American: Is it COVID-19 or is it allergies?
May 11, 2022
Ahmad Sedaghat, MD, PhD, associate professor and director of the Division of Rhinology, Allergy and Anterior Skull Base Surgery in the UC College of Medicine was interviewed for a story published by Scientific American on the differences between allergies and COVID-19.