Terms & Conditions
1. Contract Offer
- The delivery of this contract by University of Cincinnati Bearcat Card services, to the person named, constitutes a deposit to the Bearcat Card account. This offer is contingent upon its acceptance and return with payment by the person named.
2. Deposits and Withdrawals
- Cash withdrawals from the Bearcat Card account are not permitted.
- The Bearcat Card Account will be activated when payment is received; additional deposits may be made at any time. The Bearcat Card Account deposit will not be prorated.
- A $25 charge will be assessed and the Bearcat Card Account will be deactivated upon receipt of a returned check.
3. University I.D. Card and Bearcat Card Account
- The cardholder agrees to use and maintain the Bearcat Card to access services in the dining commons or other Bearcat Card locations.
- The Bearcat Card Account is non-transferable. The participant may be required to sign a receipt for goods and services.
- The university agrees to refund the unspent amount in the Bearcat Card Account, in the event that the cardholder withdraws or is dismissed from the university.
- Refund requests must be submitted by completing the official form.
- Refund requests from students are accepted at the end of spring semester or when the cardholder graduates, withdraws or leaves the university.
- Bearcat Card accounts with no activity (defined as a deposit or debit) over a twelve-month period are considered inactive and will be suspended without notice if the balance is less than $25.
Inactive accounts with balances over $25 will be assessed an annual $10 service charge. Unless a refund is requested within five years of the last activity, inactive accounts will be closed without notice with any remaining balances forfeited to the University of Cincinnati.
Refunds are processed when:
- The account balance is $5 or more; AND
- A refund request is submitted. A $5 processing fee will be deducted from the refund.